By participating in this free program, you can have 0.5 percent of much of what you spend on Amazon go to the Fellowship. The amount gained from any one purchase is small, but these small amounts could add up to much needed support. And there is no cost to you. However, you do need to make some changes to the way you shop:
1. Instead of browsing amazon.com, go to smile.amazon.com.
2. If you are not already logged on to Amazon, log in with your Amazon password
3. Set the Fellowship as your default charity.
4. If you have not previously selected a charity, enter “Boulder Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship” in the search box and click “Search”.
5. It should come back with “Boulder Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship Lafayette CO.”
6. Click “Select.”
If you HAVE previously selected a different charity, then you need to change your charity. There are several ways to get to this page. One is to click on “Your Account.” Under “Account Settings” click “Change Your Charity”. Then follow the directions from step 4 above.
Once you have done this, 0.5 percent of eligible purchases from Amazon will go to the Fellowship, but ONLY if you start by browsing to smile.amazon.com, NOT amazon.com. Unfortunately, not everything is eligible. You will know if your item is eligible if the detail page has the words “Eligible for donation.”