Publicizing Your BVUUF Event
THIS PAGE NEEDS UPDATED LINKS AND CONTACT PEOPLE
Here you’ll find some effective ideas to publicize your event around the Fellowship and within the local community.
Two Months Before the Event:
1. Go to the BVUUF Event Calendar at http://www.bvuuf.org/bvuuf-calendar/ and check dates and room availability (Note: also check with any related committees who will be involved with the event). Then fill out form “Reserve a Room” on the BVUUF Forms page http://www.bvuuf.org/contact-us/forms/. Usually we get your room reservations on the BVUUF calendar within one business day. The form asks for:
Start/end time for event, and start time for setup (if needed)
Approximate # of people
What room(s) will be needed (don’t forget kitchen, outside, etc.)
And other important detail for us to help you
Contact person for the event
2. Is this a social justice event? If so, and if you want this event to show on the BVUUF Social Justice Events Calendar, send an email containing the same information to email@example.com.
3. Write up a “Who, What, When, Where” for your event.
Send an article/announcement for the weekly announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 9 a.m. on the Wednesday before the Sunday that you want the article to appear. Most announcements run a maximum of two times; specify which two weeks you would like it published in.
Send an article/announcement for the monthly newsletter to email@example.com. The deadline is 9 a.m. on the 15th of the prior month (for example, send in your submission by Feb 15 for it to show up in the March newsletter.)
Consider having this announcement on the website or in social media. Make these requests to the BVUUF Communications Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. If the event is for community external to BVUUF, contact the Communications Specialist at email@example.com at least two months before your event, so that the Communications Specialist can advise you or help with the publicity.
5. Check out media kits at http://www.uua.org/news/pressroom/mediakit.
Four Weeks Before the Event:
If you need microphones or sound engineering, contact the BVUUF audio/visual team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two Weeks Before the Event:
1. Draw up written instructions for any special setup needed for the sanctuary and also a map or diagram of the special setup. Share these with the Office Manager at email@example.com, who will get it to the right facility set-up person.
2. Here are other effective ideas to consider for publicizing your event.
Advertising around the Fellowship:
Word of mouth
Flier (to be posted on bulletin boards)
Work with the Communications Specialist to
Create a slide (7-10 words, photo) for the foyer tv display
Determine an appropriate update to the website
Use social media
Facebook & Twitter
Create a YouTube video
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use online e-vites
If it pertains to School of the Spirit or adult education, contact the director at email@example.com
If the general public is invited to this event, consider:
Post to Meetup by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Post to NextDoor by contact email@example.com
Utilize the marquee on the front lawn
Set up a table and distribute fliers at local festivals
Use local newspapers like the Daily Camera or Colorado Hometown Weekly (reaching Longmont, Lafayette, Louisville, Erie and more) by submitting a press release at www.dailycamera.com/submit
Submit a short piece to the Faith Digest, published each Friday, of the Boulder Daily Camera