For the theme of Desire: EnsoJam and ValentineJam!
9 and 11 a.m. K-up:
- EnsoJam – meditative painting of zen circles. Letting go of desires.
- ValentineJam – Make Valentine’s for detainees and day laborers in the Denver area. This Jam offered by Ellen Laverdure and friends!
- Don’t forget we take a Children’s Offering for the same recipient as the grown-ups in the Sanctuary. The kids love counting the total they are giving.
- Nursery/Preschool – Miss Ari, early childhood teacher, will be making valentines.
School of the Spirit for Adults (and youth!):
- Fifth Grade OWL leaders needed for 8 Sundays in April/May at 9:00 a.m. Training will be on Saturday, March 19. Let Katie know if you are interested.
- Upcoming in SpiritJam:
- Feb 14 – “Courageous Love” Multigenerational Service
- Feb 21 – FireJam! – Outside in the fire circle; Social hour with smores and cider for all ages
- Feb 28 – Wabi sabi mugs and life collages. Wabi Sabi means “cherished for imperfections and age.”
Fire Supervisors (Feb. 21)
Firewood and tinder (Feb. 21)
Cracked, chipped mugs and other well loved wabi sabi items (Feb. 28)
Old magazines for collages (Feb. 28)
Our Children’s bookcart has new arrivals, including “Julie of the Wolves,” by Jean Craighead George (Newberry Medal winner) and Valentine’s favorite “Love You Forever” by Robert Munsch. Come browse, suggested donation $1 or what it is worth to you! Donations go to the School of the Spirit Fund. Pass on your books, make some shelf space and help our Scholarship Fund!
Your School of the Spirit Staff:
- Rachel Stevenson, Youth Coordinator, email@example.com
- Ari Flauta, Early Childhood Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spenser Raymond, SpiritJam Teacher, email@example.com
- Rachel Setzke, Day Camp Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Covey, Director of the School of the Spirit, email@example.com