Annual Auction Fundraiser November 8 – November 14
When Will the Auction be Held? Our auction is scheduled to begin at noon on Sunday, November 8, 2020 and end at noon on Saturday, November 14, 2020. At that time, winning bidder notifications will be sent to the highest online bidders.
Website will be open for item viewing on Sunday, November 1. Bidding begins on November 8.
Where Can I Find the Auction?
The auction is online at this link: https://www.32auctions.com/BVUUFGratitude
Do I Need an Account? You can view the auction without setting up an account, but you will need an account in order to bid. The process is quick and very little information is required as you can see on the Create An Account page. Requiring an account for bidding makes it easy for auction administrators to identify and communicate with bidders during and after the auction.
If you forget your password:
- Click the Login link in the upper right corner of the site.
- Click the Forgot password? link.
- Enter your 32auctions account email address.
- Check your email for the reset password instructions.
- Click the reset password button contained in the email message.
- Enter a new password and your 32auctions account email address.
How Do I Bid on Items?
You can bid two ways: Exact Bid or Proxy Bid.
- A proxy bid allows you to enter the maximum amount you’re willing to spend with the goal of winning the item at the lowest possible price. The system will bid for you, up to your maximum proxy bid amount, as additional bids are entered on the item. Rest assured, your maximum proxy bid amount is never exposed to anyone other than you during the online auction.
- An exact bid is the amount you want the item’s current selling price to immediately jump to. Your bid amount will not change as additional bids are entered on the item.
How do I enter a proxy bid or an exact bid?
To enter a proxy bid, enter your maximum bid amount, click the Proxy Bid button, and then submit your bid. If you don’t see the Proxy Bid button, the auction administrator has turned off this option.
To enter an exact bid, enter your bid amount, click the Exact Bid button, and then submit your bid. If you don’t see the Exact Bid button, the auction administrator has turned off this option
Extended Bidding is an optional feature the auction administrator can choose to turn on which automatically extends the end time of an item by 3 minutes when it receives a bid during the final 3 minutes. This allows bidders to relax during the end of an auction knowing they’ll have time to enter a new bid if they’re outbid in the final 3 minutes, making it easier to maintain their lead on one or more items.
How does Extended Bidding work?
If an item receives a bid during the final 3 minutes of the auction, the item end time will be extended to allow for 3 additional minutes of bidding. This process repeats until no new bids are received during the final 3 minutes of the item bidding window or the auction has been extended for a maximum of 30 minutes beyond the original end time. When an auction is extended, you’ll see Extended Bidding messages displayed throughout the auction with a link for easily viewing all of the extended items.
You can contact the auction administrator for more information about the bid types they’ve chosen to allow. If you’re unable to enter a bid at all, please see Why am I not seeing a place to enter bids in my auction?
Looking for ideas? UU Consultant Kay Crider has online auction suggestions for offerings.
Can I donate food items safely? Yes! Food makes a great donation. Follow these protocols to keep us all safe: Food Protocol
Photo Guidelines: Photograph your auction item on a solid, contrasting background (white for dark or colorful items). The photo displayed will be square, so keep that in mind with your composition. Viewers are more likely to bid online when they can see the item closely. We can post up to 4 photos per item, so zoom in for a closeup and give us several angles! Submit images in any of these formats: .png, .gif, .jpg or jpeg. Ideal photo size is 700 px X 700 px. When in doubt, send the largest file you can for best resolution.