Parent/Teacher/Guides/OWL and RE Leaders Meeting between services, 10:15 – 10:45 a.m., April 14 – eat donuts, review and discuss the changes to next year’s R.E. program (see below), plus don’t miss the Book Chat: Harry Potter through a U.U. Lens, Friday, April 19, 6:30 p.m. for youth and adults.
Kindergarten – 2nd Graders “Picture Book U.U. – “
3rd – 5th graders “Spirit of Adventure – “
Preschool (2 1/2 yrs.+ and potty trained): “Chalice Children: Teddy Bear Party” with Dana and Chelsea, preschool staff teachers. Bring a teddy bear or other stuffed animal for the Teddy Bear Party on this last of the Teddy Bear Month events.
Babies/Toddlers (0-2 1/2): Loving Care with Juliette in the Nursery/Preschool, or visit our Cuddle Room with sound and rocking chairs, off the Sanctuary.
Playground Monitors: (10 – 11 a.m. between services) Sarah Kowalchuk and one needed.
Junior Youth Group –
Our Whole Lives (O.W.L.) Human Sexuality Classes:
- 7/8th Grade O.W.L. – Tuesday, April 16. With Luis Uribe, Emily Conger, Laura Murray and Scott Sewell.
- 5th Grade O.W.L. – 8:45 a.m. – 10:10 a.m. Sunday with Cindy Beeler, Scott McCollom, Laura Murray, and Paul Jones.
Parent/Teachers/Guides/RE and OWL Leaders Meeting 10:15 – 1045 a.m. Sunday, April 14 – to review and discuss changes to the RE program next year, including:
- consolidating all OWL classes at 9 a.m. on Sundays (no more Tuesday classes)
- no more Teaching Assistants
- 8/9th grade Coming of Age 12:30 – 2 p.m. on Sundays
- K-6th Family Style RE at 9 a.m.
- 7-12th Youth group at 11 a.m.
- Preschool with adult and youth teachers
We value your input and have already tweaked this program proposal based on feedback. Besides, there will be a bribe – donuts! Come and help create! or contact Katie, DRE.
Youth/Adult Book Chat and Dessert Potluck: Harry Potter through a U.U. Lens, Friday, April 19, 6:30 p.m. Wait until you see the good discussion questions that youth and adults have offered up! BYO utensils and plate in addition to a dessert or snack to share. Co-hosted by the CYRE and ARE committees for those 9+ years old. For more information or to request childcare, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dharma Summer Day Camp information and registration on the website June 3 – 7, 2013 for K-5th graders. Interfaith Buddhist and U.U. Summer Camp led by Jamil Scott, Naropa student, and myself. Note: We already have 27 signed up and anticipate lots more interest.
- NEW for Camp: Preschool Group (with adult attending). – There will be a Preschool Group at Dharma Camp so the adults may attend and bring the younger ones. Adults need to be on site with a preschooler. Register on the website.
- Camp Presenters and Workshops: Shibata Sensei, Official Bowmaker to the Emperor and Kyudu (Archery) expert (pictured), Pakua Martial Arts, and Mike Levy, practitioner of Miksang Contemplative Photography will be joining us for Workshops at Camp!
Coming of Age Guides needed for 2013/14- 2x/mo (Sept. – May), Sundays 12:30 – 2 p.m. Reflect/mentor/listen with eight 8/9th graders as they explore our U.U. faith. Two retreats. Contact me if you are interested.
Fire Circle Sing-a-long, Saturday, May 4, 7 p.m. Bob Warden and other guitarists will lead camp songs. We will provide the fire and marshmallows and sticks, you bring other S’more Makings. Location: BVUUF Nature Playground logs and Fire Circle. All ages welcome, bring a lawn chair or sit on the logs.
Youth Ministry Newsletter by Emily, full of conference info, Youth Sunday, lots!
Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator
Jamil Scott, Religious Education Assistant
Katie Covey, Director of Religious Education
Boulder Valley U.U. Fellowship, 303-665-4280 x 104