P.T. Barnum and Circus Arts in 3-5th grade, help us fieldtest “Flowing River” Preschool for next year, will it finally stop snowing?
Kindergarten – 2nd Graders “Picture Book U.U. – Spring Equinox ” Join Jenn Forristal (9 a.m.) and Stephanie Moriarity (11 a.m.) to discover the myths and science of the equinox. Teaching assistants needed.
3rd – 5th graders “Spirit of Adventure Web of Life – “Universalist P.T. Barnum” Learn circus arts while exploring the life of Barnum, who endowed Tufts University as a Universalist college, and gave them “Jumbo,” the giant circus elephant as a mascot. Jugglers are invited to join us!
Preschool (2 1/2 yrs.+ and potty trained): “Chalice Children: Spring Flowers ” with Dana and Chelsea, preschool staff teachers.
Babies/Toddlers (0-2 1/2): Loving Care with Juliette in the Nursery/Preschool, or visit our Cuddle Room with sound and rocking chairs, off the Sanctuary.
Youth Singers: rehearsal this Sunday, April 28.
Playground Monitors: (10 – 11 a.m. between services) Sarah Kowalchuk and Jamie Parker.
Junior Youth Group (9 a.m. only) – “Questing Year – ” with Emily Conger
Our Whole Lives (O.W.L.) Human Sexuality Classes:
- 7/8th Grade O.W.L. – All done! Thanks to Luis Uribe, Emily Conger, Laura Murray and Scott Sewell.
- 5th Grade O.W.L. – 8:45 a.m. – 10:10 a.m. Sunday with Cindy Beeler, Scott McCollom, Laura Murray, and Paul Jones.
Fire Circle Sing-a-long, Saturday, May 4, 7 p.m. Bob Warden and other guitarists will lead camp songs. We will provide the fire and marshmallows and sticks, you bring other S’more Makings. Location: BVUUF Nature Playground logs and Fire Circle. All ages welcome, bring a lawn chair or sit on the logs.
Fieldtest the “Flowing River” Preschool next year! 11 a.m. adult teachers needed as we work on bringing spiritual direction to 3,4,5 year olds. Join Rachel Setzke, Missy Perrine and Laura McCollom as we craft our own spiritual curriculum. Intrigued? See me, Katie.
- Dharma Summer Day Camp Posters (thanks to Ellen Lavurdure!) are out if you have a place to post one. Information and registration on the website June 3 – 7, 2013 for K-5th graders. Interfaith Buddhist and U.U. Summer Camp led by Jamil Scott, Naropa student, and myself. Note: We already have 29 signed up and anticipate lots more interest.
- NEW for Camp: Preschool Group (with adult attending). – There will be a Preschool Group at Dharma Camp so the adults may attend and bring the younger ones. Adults need to be on site with a preschooler. Register on the website and use the “barter” button so you don’t pay tuition if the adult is attending.
- Camp Presenters and Workshops: Shibata Sensei, Official Bowmaker to the Emperor and Kyudu (Archery) expert (pictured), Pakua Martial Arts, and Mike Levy, practitioner of Miksang Contemplative Photography will be joining us for Workshops at Camp!
Coming of Age Guides needed for 2013/14- 2x/mo (Sept. – May), Sundays 12:30 – 2 p.m. Reflect/mentor/listen with eight 8/9th graders as they explore our U.U. faith. Two retreats. Contact me if you are interested.
Children’s Summer Gardener needed – Our flower garden and vegetable garden need a supervisor for the summer. See Katie, if interested.
Summer Sundays (10 a.m.) Memorial Day through Labor Day. Jamil Scott will offer a multi-age program “Under the Story Tree” about the principles of our living tradition. Preschool will be open.
Youth Ministry Newsletter by Emily, full of conference info, Summer Quest Camps, lots!
Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator
Jamil Scott, Religious Education Assistant
Katie Covey, Director of Religious Education
Boulder Valley U.U. Fellowship, 303-665-4280 x 104