K--5th Graders and Youth: “What is a Minister?” Children’s/ Youth Chapel – with Emily and Katie. Children will reflect on how they have grown (using the growth chart, remember?) with Rev. Lydia in the first part of the service in the sanctuary. Then, youth and children will leave the sanctuary for the Chapel to reflect on what a Minister does. If there is crowding in the sanctuary, we suggest that children share seats so there is room for everyone on this welcome back Sunday for Rev. Lydia.
Preschool: “Chalice Children: Teddy Bears Lost” with Dana and Chelsea, preschool staff teachers.
Playground Monitors: (10 – 11 a.m. between services) Sarah Kowalchuk and one needed.
Junior Youth Group – Join the Chapel.
Our Whole Lives (O.W.L.) Human Sexuality Classes:
- 7/8th Grade O.W.L. – Tuesday, April 9. With Luis Uribe, Emily Conger, Laura Murray and Scott Sewell.
- 5th Grade O.W.L. – 8:45 a.m. – 10:10 a.m. Sunday with Cindy Beeler, Scott McCollom, Laura Murray, and Paul Jones.
Youth/Adult Book Chat and Dessert Potluck: Harry Potter through a U.U. Lens, Friday, April 19, 7 p.m. Childcare for $5, RSVP to Katie Covey, DRE at email@example.com Bring a plate in addition to a dessert or snack to share. Co-hosted by the CYRE and ARE committees for those 9+ years old. If you have questions or would like to help with the event, please contact Rachel Setzke, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dharma Summer Day Camp information and registration on the website June 3 – 7, 2013 for K-5th graders. Interfaith Buddhist and U.U. Summer Camp led by Jamil Scott, Naropa student, and myself. Note: We already have 25 signed up and anticipate lots more interest.
- NEW for Camp: Preschool Group (with adult attending). – There will be a Preschool Group at Dharma Camp so the adults may attend and bring the younger ones. Adults need to be on site with a preschooler. Register on the website.
- Camp Presenters and Workshops: Shibata Sensei, Official Bowmaker to the Emperor and Kyudu (Archery) expert (pictured), Pakua Martial Arts, and Mike Levy, practitioner of Miksang Contemplative Photography will be joining us for Workshops at Camp!
- Preschool Teddy Bear Theme – Bring your teddy bear or other favorite stuffed animal for April 7 – Teddy Bear lost; and April 14 – Teddy Bear Party.
Coming of Age Guides needed for 2013/14- 2x/mo (Sept. – May), Sundays 12 – 2 p.m. Reflect/mentor/listen with eight 8/9th graders as they explore our U.U. faith. Two retreats. Contact me if you are interested.
Fire Circle Sing-a-long, Saturday, May 4, 7 p.m. Bob Warden and other guitarists will lead camp songs. We will provide the fire and marshmallows and sticks, you bring other S’more Makings. Location: BVUUF Nature Playground logs and Fire Circle. All ages welcome, bring a lawn chair or sit on the logs.
Youth Ministry Newsletter by Emily, full of conference info, Youth Sunday, lots!
Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator
Jamil Scott, Religious Education Assistant
Katie Covey, Director of Religious Education
Boulder Valley U.U. Fellowship