Here’s what’s happening Sunday Feb 10th, 2013 in Religious Education:
We could use a dreamcatcher and the Mousetrap Game this Sunday.
Children start in the Sanctuary with their family. Youth to bowling!
Emily, Youth Coordinator, is off to Salt Lake City with BVUUF youth, for the February Conference of over 100 high schoolers! This weekend conference is a true immersion experience with midnight worship, workshops, presentations, gaggle groups, and lots of U.U. connections!
- Preschool: ”Chalice Children: Dreams” with Dana and Chelsea, preschool staff teachers. Anyone have a dreamcatcher we can borrow?
- Nursery: Loving Care with Nanny Juliette.
- K-2nd Graders: To the service then to “Picture Book U.U.: Maria’s Comet” 9 a.m. with Jean Cannella, teacher and Carol Hughes, TA, 11 a.m. with Lu Wright and John Hoebel. Unitarian Maria Mitchell was the first woman to discover a comet. Her home on Nantucket Island is now the Mitchell Museum.
- 3-5th Graders: To the service then to “Spirit of Adventure: Inventions” 9 a.m. with Evan Kneale, teacher and TA needed; 11 a.m. Alyssa Axe and TA needed. Learn about inventions by children and youth as well as the meaning of Rube Goldberg. UU’s are inventive! Anyone have the “Mousetrap Game?”
- Playground Monitors: (10 – 11 a.m. between services) Two Needed.
- 9 a.m. Junior Youth Group (6.7.8th grades): “Bowling!” Please bring $5 for a game and shoe rental! Meet in the Barnum Room at BVUUF. If you are running late, please meet at the bowling center (just a few blocks away). Coal Creek Bowling Center 550 West South Boulder Road, Lafayette
( Note: JYG will only be offered at 9 a.m. starting Sunday, Feb. 10; Late service youth attend the adult service)
- Our Whole Lives (O.W.L.) Human Sexuality Classes:
- 7/8th Grade O.W.L. – Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. with Scott Sewell, Laura Murray, Emily Conger, and Luis Uribe.
- Fifth Grade O.W.L. Optional Parent Information Session, Sunday, Feb. 10, see below.
- 5th Grade OWL (Our Whole Lives Human Sexuality Class) starts in February with the Optional Parent Information Session this Sunday, Feb. 10 and then the Mandatory Orientation for Fifth Graders and Parents on Sunday, Feb. 24. See all the details, registration and payment info on the webpage.
- Dharma Summer Day Camp information and registration is up on the website!! June 3 – 7, 2013 for K-5th graders. This will be an interfaith Buddhist and U.U. Summer Camp led by Jamil Scott, Naropa student, and myself.
- Teacher Position Open, 11 a.m. 3-5th Grades. Join two other teachers (Reese Beeler and Alyssa Axe) to teach once a month on 2/17; 3/24; 4/14; and 5/19. Check out the topics and schedule online. Visit the CYRE teacher page for FAQ’s about teaching in general The curriculum is “Spirit of Adventure” written for active children about U.U. themes in Engineering, Architecture, Science, and Nature. Join in the fun!
- Youth Ministry Newsletter by Emily, full of conference info, Youth Sunday, lots!
Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator
Jamil Scott, Religious Education Assistant
Katie Covey, Director of Religious Education
Boulder Valley U.U. Fellowship