Here’s what’s happening Sunday Feb 17th, 2013 in Religious Education:
Youth will attempt another BOWLING foray. Teaching Assistants are rare! Children start in the sanctuary with their families. The Nursery/Preschool is open, your choice to start in the sanctuary or settle them in the classroom.
- Preschool: ”Chalice Children: Love” with Dana and Chelsea, preschool staff teachers. Sweet Valentine’s help us learn about love.
- Nursery: Loving Care with Nanny Juliette.
- K-2nd Graders: To the service then to “Picture Book U.U.: St. Valentine” 9 a.m. with Jenn Forristal, teacher and TA needed, , 11 a.m. with Stephanie Pache and TA needed. Valentine was a Roman doctor who healed the sick.
- 3-5th Graders: To the service then to “Spirit of Adventure: Engineers” 9 a.m. with Linda Spencer, teacher and TA needed; 11 a.m. Katie Covey and TA needed. Peter Cooper, Unitarian industrialist, inventor and philanthopist founded the Cooper Institute in NYC with money from the railroad engine he invented. Tuition was and is free to men and women interested in the arts and engineering. He also invented JELLO, so we will be building with jello. How cool is that?
- Playground Monitors: (10 – 11 a.m. between services) Two Needed.
- 9 a.m. Junior Youth Group (6.7.8th grades): “Bowling!” We will try this again (there was a tournament last Sunday.) Please bring $5 for a game and shoe rental. Meet in the Barnum Room at BVUUF. If you are running late, please meet at the bowling center (just a few blocks away). Coal Creek Bowling Center 550 West South Boulder Road, Lafayette. Thanks to Linda Bonato-Yohn and Christiane Olivio for hosting.
( Note: JYG will only be offered at 9 a.m.; Late service youth may choose to join the younger class or attend the adult service.)
- Our Whole Lives (O.W.L.) Human Sexuality Classes:
- 7/8th Grade O.W.L. – Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. with Scott Sewell, Laura Murray, Emily Conger, and Luis Uribe.
- 5th Grade O.W.L. 8:45 a.m. Sundays. There are 7 registered, the maximum is 12, so do not delay. See below. Leaders Paul Jones, Laura Murray, Cindy Beeler and Scott McCollom.
- 5th Grade OWL (Our Whole Lives Human Sexuality Class) starts in February with the Mandatory Orientation for Fifth Graders and Parents on Sunday, Feb. 24. See all the details, registration and payment info on the webpage.
- Dharma Summer Day Camp information and registration is up on the website!! June 3 – 7, 2013 for K-5th graders. This will be an interfaith Buddhist and U.U. Summer Camp led by Jamil Scott, Naropa student, and myself.
- Teacher Position Open, 11 a.m. 3-5th Grades. Join two other teachers (Reese Beeler and Alyssa Axe) to teach once a month on 3/24; 4/14; and 5/19. Check out the topics and schedule online. Visit the CYRE teacher page for FAQ’s about teaching in general The curriculum is “Spirit of Adventure” written for active children about U.U. themes in Engineering, Architecture, Science, and Nature. Join in the fun!
- Youth Ministry Newsletter by Emily, full of conference info, Youth Sunday, lots!
Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator
Jamil Scott, Religious Education Assistant
Katie Covey, Director of Religious Education
Boulder Valley U.U. Fellowship