For the theme of Resistance: Storyteller “Papa Wynn” tells “Amriti”, plus a SkitJam for children and others
9 and 11 a.m. K-up: The story of Amriti, told by Papa Wynn Montgomery: Based on true events in northern India, this is the story of a girl’s bravery. One day, Amriti hears the roaring of the tree cutters. Hoping to get the workers to put down their saws and hatchets, Amriti and the village women explain that the trees provide food, fuel, and homes for animals, but to no avail. Finally, Amriti wraps her body around one of the trees, with surprising results.
- SkitJam – Play the roles in the story of Amriti with Spenser (9 a.m.) and Jean Nuttall (11 a.m.). Try out different roles. How did it feel to be the Maharaja, the woodcutters, the trees, Amriti and the villagers? (PS. the children’s book pictures is called “Aani the Tree Huggers” and is about the same events.)
- Nursery/Preschool – Miss Ari, early childhood teacher. Rabbits Gift by George Shannon. How we can help others. This book was recommended by the Setzke family, especially Aiden, who loved it so much.
School of the Spirit for Adults (and youth!):
- Fifth Grade OWL leaders needed for 8 Sundays in Mar/April/May at 9:00 a.m. Training will be on a Saturday in Mar. Let Katie know if you are interested.
- Co-Creator Labs moving to Monday evenings, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Join us to brainstorm the monthly theme.
- Jan. 25 – Desire
- Feb 22 – Liberation
- Mar. 21 – Creation
- April 18 – Blessing
- Upcoming in SpiritJam:
- Jan. 24 – DanceJam and Resistance Band play. Anyone know Chinese Jump Rope?
- Jan. 31 – Take Apart Party! Helpers needed to help dismantle electronics for fun. P.S. We don’t put them together again.
Your School of the Spirit Staff:
- Rachel Stevenson, Youth Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ari Flauta, Early Childhood Teacher, email@example.com
- Spenser Raymond, SpiritJam Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Covey, Director of the School of the Spirit, email@example.com