Teddy Bear Month in Preschool, Sculpting in 3-5th, 5th Grade OWL…
- Preschool: “Chalice Children: Teddy Bear Friendship” with Dana and Chelsea, preschool staff teachers. It’s Teddy Bear Month! Bring your Teddy Bear! see announcements.
- K-2nd Graders: “Picture Book U.U. – In God’s Name” Rabbi Sandy Sasso In God’s Name YouTube Video. Each names God in their own experience.
- 3-5th Graders: “Spirit of Adventure – “Sculpting” Unitarian Daniel Chester French sculpted the Lincoln Memorial.
- Playground Monitors: (10 – 11 a.m. between services) One Needed.
- Children’s Choir: What a lovely performance last Sunday!
- 9 a.m. Junior Youth Group – Questing Year with Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator.
- Our Whole Lives (O.W.L.) Human Sexuality Classes:
- 7/8th Grade O.W.L. – Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. with Scott Sewell, Laura Murray, Emily Conger, and Luis Uribe, leaders.
- 5th Grade O.W.L. – Sundays 8:45 a.m. – 10:10 a.m. with Cindy Beeler, Paul Jones, Laura Murray and Scott McCollom, leaders, in the Alcott Room.
- Easter/ Passover, Sunday, March 31, two services, 9 and 11 a.m. Passover Haggadah, or telling, of the story of Moses and the Exodus. Can Hunt after the services.
- Dharma Summer Day Camp information and registration on the website!! June 3 – 7, 2013 for K-5th graders. Interfaith Buddhist and U.U. Summer Camp led by Jamil Scott, Naropa student, and myself. Note: We already have 15 signed up and anticipate lots more interest, so if you know you want to come, sign up so you don’t miss out.
- NEW for Camp: Preschool Group (with adult attending). – Forming a Preschool Group so the adults may attend and bring the younger ones. Adults need to be on site with a preschooler. Register on the website.
- Camp Presenters and Workshops: Shibata Sensei, Official Bowmaker to the Emperor and Kyudu (Archery) expert, Alexandra Shenpen, Ikebana Guru with Shambala Mountain Center and Mike Levy, practitioner of Miksang Contemplative Photography will be joining us for Workshops at Camp! You Tube Video of Alexandra Shenpen Ikebana
- Preschool Teddy Bear Theme – Bring your teddy bear or other favorite stuffed animal for March 17 – Teddy Bear friendship; March 24 – Teddy Bear being broken; April 7 – Teddy Bear lost; and April 14 – Teddy Bear Party.
- Can Hunt, Easter Sunday, Mar. 31 after each Service. Bring a strong basket to collect cans (or just use your hands). Benefit for the Boulder County AIDS Project.
- Youth/Adult Book Chat and Dessert Potluck: Harry Potter through a U.U. Lens, Friday, April 19, 7 p.m. Childcare for $5, RSVP to Katie Covey, DRE at email@example.com Bring a plate in addition to a dessert or snack to share. Co-hosted by the CYRE and ARE committees. If you have questions or would like to help with the event, please contact Rachel Setzke, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Youth Ministry Newsletter by Emily, full of conference info, Youth Sunday, lots!
Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator
Jamil Scott, Religious Education Assistant
Katie Covey, Director of Religious Education
Boulder Valley U.U. Fellowship