Children’s Chapel on Joy; My Shadow for preschoolers, Dharma Summer Day Camp registration
- Preschool: ”Chalice Children: My Shadow” with Dana and Chelsea, preschool staff teachers.
- Nursery: Loving Care with Nanny Juliette.
- K-5th Graders: To the service then to “Children’s Chapel – Things God Made For Joy,” with Katie Covey, DRE. As part of the theme of “Gratitude” this month, Chapel is based on a story from “Hide and Seek with God” by Mary Ann Moore. The story draws on ideas expressed in “The Color Purple” by Alice Walker, and from the Hindu Belief that God is Sat-chit-ananda, or being-awareness-bliss. Sure there are important things around us, but it is also important to enjoy and feel gratitude for the orange of a marigold, the patterns in a snowflake, and the ribbet of a frog. 9 a.m. with Jamil Scott, 11 a.m. with Diane McLean.
- Playground Monitors: (10 – 11 a.m. between services) Sue Mundell and One Needed.
- Children’s Choir Rehearsal 10:10 a.m.
- 9 a.m. Junior Youth Group (6.7.8th grades): “Stuff and Justice” with Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator.
( Note: JYG will only be offered at 9 a.m.; Late service youth may choose to join the younger class or attend the adult service.)
- Our Whole Lives (O.W.L.) Human Sexuality Classes:
- 7/8th Grade O.W.L. – Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. with Scott Sewell, Laura Murray, Emily Conger, and Luis Uribe.
- Youth led Sunday, March 10, 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Several of our high schoolers have been full – on worship associates and R.E. teachers. Come and hear what they have to say. The 3rd – 5th graders are invited to attend the service.
- Easter/ Passover, Sunday, March 31, two services, 9 and 11 a.m. After a gathering time together in full community at each service, the children and youth will exit “stage right” and join me for a modified Passover Haggadah, or telling, of the story of Moses and the Exodus. There will be eggs, parsley, haroset, matza and grape juice. In addition, there will be our traditional Can Hunt after each service, for the benefit of BCAP.CYRE Committee meeting Sunday, 12:30 p.m. Interested in the Children’s and Youth Religious Education Program (CYRE)? Join the committee to help create and support the program and work closely with Katie, DRE. The CYRE Committee meets once a month, first Sundays at 12:20 p.m. until 1:45 p.m. March’s meeting is Sunday, March 1.
- Dharma Summer Day Camp information and registration is up on the website!! June 3 – 7, 2013 for K-5th graders. This will be an interfaith Buddhist and U.U. Summer Camp led by Jamil Scott, Naropa student, and myself.
- Preschool Teddy Bear Theme – Bring your teddy bear or other favorite stuffed animal for March 17 – Teddy Bear friendship; March 24 – Teddy Bear being broken; April 7 – Teddy Bear lost; and April 14 – Teddy Bear Party.
- Youth Ministry Newsletter by Emily, full of conference info, Youth Sunday, lots!
Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator
Jamil Scott, Religious Education Assistant
Katie Covey, Director of Religious Education
Boulder Valley U.U. Fellowship