For the theme of Letting Go: Adventure Land “Letting Go” Obstacle Course, new Adult Class offerings, bring cans of food for the CropWalk Community Food Share and an offering for Second Wind
9 and 11 a.m. AdventureJam “Letting Go” Obstacle Course for K and up. We will feel like the guys in the picture but ours will be simpler! Bring cans of food Oct. 18, and 25 for Crop Walk recipient “Community Food Share.” Bring an offering amount for “Second Wind.”
THEN, visit the BVUUF “Letting Go” ADVENTURE LAND:
- Tunnel Crawl
- Rope Swing
- All Aboard
- Get Everyone Across
- Blind Soccer
- Lava River
- Anti-Gravity Balloons
- Giant Team Tunnel.
There will be activities on the sidelines for those who prefer watching and helping. There will be prizes for best jumper, fastest climber, etc. type people as well as best team member, biggest helper, and best chant maker type people, plus other prizes!
Preschoolers – with Emma Cooper, subbing for Miss Ari. Collecting cans, too! Read the book “Ish” and make “Ish” drawings. Letting go of perfection.
- Register for the Crop Walk. Rachel and Spenser are walking on Oct. 25! Join them!
- Help Emma Cooper in the preschool (for those who like the littlest ones)
- 7/8th Grades OWL (Our Whole Lives) Sexuality Class 10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – with leaders Luis Uribe, Kelly Waugh, Cindy Beeler, Gordon Weir, and Rachel.
- Youth and Parents: Read all the news in October’s “The Ship; UU Youth Newsletter”
School of the Spirit for Adults (and youth!):
- NEW! Ethics for Unitarian Universalists Series, 1st/3rd Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m. with Ruth Rinehart
- NEW! Building Relationships; The One Thing You Can’t Afford to Skip, Thurs. Nov. 12, 7-9 p.m.
- NEW! Raising Race Conscious Children, Sunday Nov. 22, 12:15 p.m. with Childcare.
- Thoughtful Endings; End-of-Life Planning Series
- Saturday Retreat with David Chernikoff, Sat. Oct. 17, still room!
- Book Discussion Group – the New Jim Crow
- Mindfulness Group – every Sunday at 8:45 a.m.!
Pumpkin Glow and Finger Foods Potluck, Sunday, Oct. 25, 5 – 7 p.m. in the Sanctuary. BYO pumpkin, carving tools, candle and a finger food to share. Carve your pumpkin, then turn out the lights and watch them all glow! Sponsored by the Family Social Group. Send an email to Linda Thornton if you would like to be on their email list.
Next SpiritJam Co-Creator Lab, Wednesday, Oct. 28, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. for virtual or in-person brainstorming on November’s theme of “Ancestry.”
Upcoming in SpiritJam:
- Oct. 25 – the Parable of Mussa and Nagrib with Storyteller Papa Wynn Montgomery.
- Nov. 1 – “Guinevere, the Goose, ” PuppetJam and Day of Remembrance Ceremony in the Sanctuary, last 15 minutes.
Join the BVUUF team for the 30th Annual CropWalk, Sunday, Oct. 25, 2 p.m. If you can’t walk, consider pledging one of the youth or Spenser and Rachel who will be walking, or DONATE ONLINE on behalf of the BVUUF team. See Dianne Ladd at Unity Plaza to register.
Your School of the Spirit Staff:
- Rachel Stevenson, Youth Coordinator, email@example.com
- Ari Flauta, Early Childhood Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spenser Raymond, SpiritJam Teacher, email@example.com
- Katie Covey, Director of the School of the Spirit, firstname.lastname@example.org