For the theme of Letting Go: A StoryJam with Papa Wynn, new Adult Class offerings, bring cans of food for the CropWalk Community Food Share and an offering for Enviro Cause.
9 and 11 a.m. StoryJam for K and up. The Story of Mussa and Nagib, as told by Papa Wynn Montgomery, storyteller. An old story from Persia, in which two friends learn to let go of unkindnesses. THEN: RockJam – paint rocks and feel their permanence and SandJam – watch sand words disappear.
Preschoolers – with Miss Ari.
- Help Miss Ari in the preschool (for those who like the littlest ones)
- 7/8th Grades OWL (Our Whole Lives) Sexuality Class 10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – with leaders Luis Uribe, Kelly Waugh, Cindy Beeler, Gordon Weir, and Rachel.
- 8/9th Coming of Age (COA) – 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. with leaders Scott and Laura McCollom, Camille Hook, Baldy Ranson and Rachel.
- PeaceJam – Crop walk Involvement! Gunbarrel CO, 2pm at: St. Mary Magdalene Episcopal Church, Boulder
- Youth and Parents: Read all the news in October’s “The Ship; UU Youth Newsletter”
School of the Spirit for Adults (and youth!):
- NEW! Ethics for Unitarian Universalists Series, 1st/3rd Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m. with Ruth Rinehart
- NEW! Building Relationships; The One Thing You Can’t Afford to Skip, Thurs. Nov. 12, 7-9 p.m.
- NEW! Raising Race Conscious Children, Sunday Nov. 22, 12:15 p.m. with Childcare.
- Thoughtful Endings; End-of-Life Planning Series
- Book Discussion Group – the New Jim Crow
- Mindfulness Group – every Sunday at 8:45 a.m.!
Tonight! Pumpkin Glow and Finger Foods Potluck, Sunday, Oct. 25, 5 – 7 p.m. in the Sanctuary. BYO pumpkin, carving tools, candle and a finger food to share. Carve your pumpkin, then turn out the lights and watch them all glow! Sponsored by the Family Social Group. Send an email to Linda Thornton if you would like to be on their email list.
Next SpiritJam Co-Creator Lab, Wednesday, Oct. 28, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. for virtual or in-person brainstorming on November’s theme of “Ancestry.”
Upcoming in SpiritJam:
Nov. 1 – “Guinevere, the Goose, ” PuppetJam and Day of Remembrance Ceremony in the Sanctuary, last 15 minutes. Let us know if there are sensitive feelings around death in your family, of which we should be aware.
Join the BVUUF team for the 30th Annual CropWalk, Sunday, Oct. 25, 2 p.m. If you can’t walk, consider pledging one of the youth or Spenser and Rachel who will be walking, or DONATE ONLINE on behalf of the BVUUF team. See Dianne Ladd at Unity Plaza for more information.
Katie and Rev. Lydia will be at the National LREDA (Liberal Religious Educator’s Assn) Conference presenting on SpiritJam and visiting family. Katie will be gone Oct. 19 – Oct. 26.
Your School of the Spirit Staff:
- Rachel Stevenson, Youth Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ari Flauta, Early Childhood Teacher, email@example.com
- Spenser Raymond, SpiritJam Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Covey, Director of the School of the Spirit, email@example.com