Earth Day and Henry David Thoreau mean it’s Spring in R.E!. Green Team Co-Chairs Meri and Sheri are joining us. Harry Potter Book Chat is THIS FRIDAY!
Kindergarten – 2nd Graders “Picture Book U.U. – Earth Day Birthday ” Meri Gibb and Sheri Price, co-chairs of the Green Committee, join the class to talk about how our congregation is being green.
3rd – 5th graders “Spirit of Adventure Web of Life – “Henry David Thoreau” Living simply might also mean exploring what kinds of play there are without complicated electronics.
Preschool (2 1/2 yrs.+ and potty trained): “Chalice Children: Making Chalices ” with Dana and Chelsea, preschool staff teachers.
Babies/Toddlers (0-2 1/2): Loving Care with Juliette in the Nursery/Preschool, or visit our Cuddle Room with sound and rocking chairs, off the Sanctuary.
Youth Singers: no rehearsal this Sunday, April 21.
Playground Monitors: (10 – 11 a.m. between services) Sarah Kowalchuk and one needed.
Junior Youth Group (9 a.m. only) – “Questing Year – You and Your Congregation” with Emily Conger
Our Whole Lives (O.W.L.) Human Sexuality Classes:
- 7/8th Grade O.W.L. – Tuesday, April 23. With Luis Uribe, Emily Conger, Laura Murray and Scott Sewell.
- 5th Grade O.W.L. – 8:45 a.m. – 10:10 a.m. Sunday with Cindy Beeler, Scott McCollom, Laura Murray, and Paul Jones.
Youth/Adult Book Chat and Dessert Potluck: Harry Potter through a U.U. Lens, Friday, April 19, 6:30 p.m. Wait until you see the good discussion questions that youth and adults have offered up! BYO utensils and plate in addition to a dessert or snack to share. Co-hosted by the CYRE and ARE committees for those 9+ years old. For more information, contact Katie Covey, DRE.
- Dharma Summer Day Camp Posters (thanks to Ellen Lavurdure!) are out if you have a place to post one. Information and registration on the website June 3 – 7, 2013 for K-5th graders. Interfaith Buddhist and U.U. Summer Camp led by Jamil Scott, Naropa student, and myself. Note: We already have 29 signed up and anticipate lots more interest.
- NEW for Camp: Preschool Group (with adult attending). – There will be a Preschool Group at Dharma Camp so the adults may attend and bring the younger ones. Adults need to be on site with a preschooler. Register on the website and use the “barter” button so you don’t pay tuition if the adult is attending.
- Camp Presenters and Workshops: Shibata Sensei, Official Bowmaker to the Emperor and Kyudu (Archery) expert (pictured), Pakua Martial Arts, and Mike Levy, practitioner of Miksang Contemplative Photography will be joining us for Workshops at Camp!
Coming of Age Guides needed for 2013/14- 2x/mo (Sept. – May), Sundays 12:30 – 2 p.m. Reflect/mentor/listen with eight 8/9th graders as they explore our U.U. faith. Two retreats. Contact me if you are interested.
Fire Circle Sing-a-long, Saturday, May 4, 7 p.m. Bob Warden and other guitarists will lead camp songs. We will provide the fire and marshmallows and sticks, you bring other S’more Makings. Location: BVUUF Nature Playground logs and Fire Circle. All ages welcome, bring a lawn chair or sit on the logs.
Children’s Summer Gardener needed – Our flower garden and vegetable garden need a supervisor for the summer. See Katie, if interested.
Summer Sundays (10 a.m.) Memorial Day through Labor Day. Jamil Scott will offer a multi-age program “Under the Story Tree” about the sources of our living tradition. Preschool will be open.
Youth Ministry Newsletter by Emily, full of conference info, Summer Quest Camps, lots!
Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator
Jamil Scott, Religious Education Assistant
Katie Covey, Director of Religious Education
Boulder Valley U.U. Fellowship, 303-665-4280 x 104