Your Board met twice in April—for its regular monthly meeting and a week later for an update from the Combined Campaign and Building Committees. Significant actions taken included:
- Approved a Consent Agenda consisting of financial reports and Board minutes for March
- Granted final approved of DeAnna Hoyle’s request for family leave from April 23-May 31 following approval of a detailed plan for effective operation of School of the Spirit during her absence
- Approved the Personnel Committee’s plan for a hiring process to fill the 2018-2019 religious education position, which will become vacant on June 30, 2018, when DeAnna Hoyle’s two-year interim contract ends. This plan will be implemented by an RE Hiring Team composed of Jean Cannella, Rev. Lydia Ferrante-Roseberry, Hannah Grosser, Janet Meyer, Robert Nichols, Rachel Setzke
- Approved a revised Charter for the RE Transition Search Team.
- Approved changing the date of the congregational vote on moving forward with the building project from April 29 to June 2.
- Approved the transfer of $200 from the Office Assistant’s professional development line item to the Office Manager’s professional development account.
- Approved a “Next Phase” campaign to eliminate the gap between the projected results of the Combined Campaign and the new estimated cost for building construction and renovation.
- Set a goal of raising $250,000 from the congregation in order to earn the additional “2:1 matching” contribution of up to $500,000 from the original anonymous donor.