10 a.m. Summer Sundays start Memorial Day Weekend, Sunday, May 25 and run through Labor Day Weekend, Sunday, August 31.
Kindergarten – 5th grades: Flower Communion Sunday. Children can sit with their parents or help bring in the flowers that will be collected in the foyer with Katie (save them a seat.) Then after GIANT PUPPETS who visit the sanctuary, Katie, Fiona, Rachel and the K-5th grade children will enjoy more flower centered activities together in the RE wing.
Summer Program: “ A World of Wonder” curriculum. This program delves deep into our Unitarian Universalist seventh Principle. It instills respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part, and appreciation of its beauty, excitement, and mystery. It is founded on the premise that direct experience in nature is essential to children’s physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual development. It is a perfect summer experience which will complement our Nature Playground.
Preschool/Nursery- loving care with our staffers, Alyssa and Emily.
Youth 6th grade and older are invited to help with the younger children or attend the service.
I am pleased to introduce Rachel Stevenson and Michael Newman as the new SpiritJam lead teachers for Fall, 2014. Rachel will also be the Summer Supervisor. Rachel will be attending Sunday, June 2. Michael and Rachel will be attending several days of our capstone Summer Day camp in order to get trained and to meet the children and families. Rachel comes to us from the UU Congregation in Towson, MD and moved to Colorado just 3 months ago. She has supervised camps at the Murray Grove Retreat Center in NJ. She currently is working as an Americorps volunteer for the Emergency Response Preparedness Team of Boulder County. Michael is a student at Naropa University, is a drummer and leader of the Pagan group on campus, with interest in being a UU minister. Please join me in welcoming them to BVUUF!
Summer Plans for RE Staff:
- Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator , firstname.lastname@example.org – Off for the summer on June 1. (she will be helping with the UU Church of Boulder Coming of Age Service on June 1 at UUCB.)
- Jamil Scott, Religious Education Assistant, email@example.com – Heading to Fresno, CA to be Lifespan Director of RE!
- Melissa Williams, Youth and Intergenerational Choirs Director, firstname.lastname@example.org – taking a 1 year leave of absence, 2014/15
- Katie Covey, Director of Religious Education, email@example.com – – Off for the Summer, June 7 until August 5.
- Rachel Stevenson, Summer Supervisor