- Preschool: “Chalice Children: Easter” with Dana and Chelsea, preschool staff teachers. Stories and activities about Spring and Easter Eggs.
- K--5th Graders: Passover Hagaddah Children’s Chapel – see announcement below.
- Playground Monitors: (10 – 11 a.m. between services) Can Hunt on Front Lawn!
- Junior Youth Group – Invited to the Hagaddah and to help hide cans for the younger children.
- Our Whole Lives (O.W.L.) Human Sexuality Classes:
- 7/8th Grade O.W.L. – Off for Spring Break
- 5th Grade O.W.L. – Off for Spring Break
- Easter/ Passover, Sunday, March 31, two services, 9 and 11 a.m. Passover Haggadah, or telling, of the story of Moses and the Exodus. Can Hunt after the services. Children will join Katie Covey and Jamil to taste the bitter herbs, the charoset (sweet apple “mortar” of the pyramids), and hide the Afikomen. Passover is one of the major Jewish holidays, commemorating the day that God “passed over” the homes of the Jews when the 10 plagues descended to punish Pharoah for not freeing the Hebrew slaves.
- Dharma Summer Day Camp information and registration on the website!! June 3 – 7, 2013 for K-5th graders. Interfaith Buddhist and U.U. Summer Camp led by Jamil Scott, Naropa student, and myself. Note: We already have 15 signed up and anticipate lots more interest, so if you know you want to come, sign up so you don’t miss out.
- NEW for Camp: Preschool Group (with adult attending). – Forming a Preschool Group so the adults may attend and bring the younger ones. Adults need to be on site with a preschooler. Register on the website.
- Camp Presenters and Workshops: Shibata Sensei, Official Bowmaker to the Emperor and Kyudu (Archery) expert, Alexandra Shenpen, Ikebana Guru with Shambala Mountain Center and Mike Levy, practitioner of Miksang Contemplative Photography will be joining us for Workshops at Camp! You Tube Video of Alexandra Shenpen Ikebana
- Preschool Teddy Bear Theme – Bring your teddy bear or other favorite stuffed animal for April 7 – Teddy Bear lost; and April 14 – Teddy Bear Party.
- Can Hunt, Easter Sunday, Mar. 31 after each Service. Benefit for the Boulder County AIDS Project. The Middle Schoolers will hide the cans for the younger children.
- Youth/Adult Book Chat and Dessert Potluck: Harry Potter through a U.U. Lens, Friday, April 19, 7 p.m. Childcare for $5, RSVP to Katie Covey, DRE at firstname.lastname@example.org Bring a plate in addition to a dessert or snack to share. Co-hosted by the CYRE and ARE committees. If you have questions or would like to help with the event, please contact Rachel Setzke, email@example.com.
- Youth Ministry Newsletter by Emily, full of conference info, Youth Sunday, lots!
Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator
Jamil Scott, Religious Education Assistant
Katie Covey, Director of Religious Education
Boulder Valley U.U. Fellowship