Unitarian Beatrix Potter in 3-5th, Deadline for Dharma Camp registration is May 14, Youth Sunday, May 19
3rd – 5th Graders: “Spirit of Adventure Web of Life – Unitarian Beatrix Potter” Anyone have a rabbit, guinea pig, or other friendly pet whom we can sketch as Beatrix did? 9 a.m. with Linda Spencer, 11 a.m. with Reese Beeler.
Kindergarten – 2nd graders – “Picture Book U.U. – “Love You Forever” A son and his mother gradually trade the caretaker role in this heart melting book. With Laura McCollom, teacher at 9 a.m. and Lu Wright and John Hoebel at 11 a.m.
Preschool (2 1/2 yrs.+ and potty trained): “Chalice Children: Big Mama Makes the World” with Dana and Chelsea, preschool staff teachers.
Babies/Toddlers (0-2 1/2): Loving Care with Juliette in the Nursery/Preschool, or visit our Cuddle Room with sound and rocking chairs, off the Sanctuary.
Playground Monitors: (10 – 11 a.m. between services) Jamie Parker and one needed.
No Children’s Choir this Sunday.
9 a.m. Youth Group – “Lifequest – Painting” Leave a gift for next year’s group. Jamil leads painting on canvas.
Our Whole Lives (O.W.L.) Human Sexuality Classes:
- 7/8th Grade O.W.L. – All done! Thanks to Luis Uribe, Emily Conger, Laura Murray and Scott Sewell.
- 5th Grade O.W.L. – 8:45 a.m. – 10:10 a.m. PARTY! Sunday with Cindy Beeler, Scott McCollom, Laura Murray, and Paul Jones.
Next year’s program – how do you want to join in the fun! Check it out here.
Dharma Summer Day Camp DEADLINE for REGISTRATION is TUESDAY, MAY 14. Information and registration on the website June 3 – 7, 2013 for K-5th graders. Interfaith Buddhist and U.U. Summer Camp led by Jamil Scott, Naropa student, and myself. Note: We already have 34 signed up.
- NEW for Camp: Preschool Group (with adult attending). – There will be a Preschool Group at Dharma Camp so the adults may attend and bring the younger ones. Adults need to be on site with a preschooler. Register on the website and use the “barter” button so you don’t pay tuition if the adult is attending.
- Zabuton Meditation cushions needed for Dharma Camp Meditation Room. May we borrow some?
- Junk needed – paper towel rolls, oatmeal boxes, etc.
- Friendly, caged pets for our Camp Zoo Room – snake, guinea pig, hissing cockroach anyone?
Coming of Age Guide needed for 2013/14- 2x/mo (Sept. – May), Sundays 12:30 – 2 p.m. Reflect/mentor/listen with eight 8/9th graders as they explore our U.U. faith. Two retreats. Join Linda Spencer and Laura Murray, guides. Contact me if you are interested.
Sunday, May 19, you may want to attend BOTH services! At 9 a.m. we host all of the 45 Front Range Ninth Grade Trippers who have returned from Hopi/Navaho Lands. They will share their experiences with BVUUF for the first time. At 11 a.m. we honor Senior Highers Reese Beeler, Will Robison and Chelsea Lemur as well as celebrate the Our Whole Lives classes (O.W.L.). Woyaya!
Children’s Summer Gardener needed – Our flower garden and vegetable garden need a supervisor for the summer. See Katie, if interested and check out the cutest garden gate that Larry Arp has built!
Summer Sundays (10 a.m.) Memorial Day through Labor Day. Jamil Scott and Fiona Freeman-Grundei will offer a multi-age program “Buddhism U.U. Style.” Preschool will be open.
Grounds Care Day, Saturday morning, May 11. There will be work on the playground – demolishing the playhouse. Families welcome!
Needed: simple cardboard or wooden Puppet Theatre by next fall for the preschool.
Youth Ministry Newsletter by Emily, full of conference info, Summer Quest Camps, lots!
Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator
Jamil Scott, Religious Education Assistant
Katie Covey, Director of Religious Education
Boulder Valley U.U. Fellowship, 303-665-4280 x 104