Explore the theme of Compassion with the multigenerational Bread Service. Songs, stories, setting the table, and Sharing the Breads from our cultural diversity. Bring a bread to share! Kindergarten and up to the Sanctuary.
9 and 11 a.m. Preschool/Nursery- with Miss Ari, Early Childhood Music Specialist and Teacher. Families may choose to settle their child(ren) with Miss Ari for the whole time, or for part of the time, your choice!
7/8th Grade Our Whole Lives (O.W.L.) – OFF.
9 – 10:30 a.m. World Religions Series: Christianity facilitated by Jean Cannella. #4 Thoreau Room. Drop In’s Welcome!
Playground Monitors: Caroline and King Medlin, 10 – 11 a.m. Sign up online for another Sunday or on the bulletin board.
Read more about our unique experimental SpiritJam model at www.spiritjam.info Join us as we co-create this experimental program with paid lead teachers and monthly themes!
Jr/Sr High OWL (Our Whole Lives) Leader Training, Denver, Dec. 5-7th. BVUUF covers your tuition! Read more and contact Katie if you are interested in this life-changing mission of our UU faith.
Bring Bread Sunday, Nov. 23. Celebrate our diverse cultural heritages during the Thanksgiving Multi-age Service. Bread may be home made or store made. Sign up ONLINE or in the BVUUF foyer. Thanks for sharing!
Bring your bread to the service of your choice on November 23 and keep it with you until after we “set the table” as part of the service. You are invited to say something about your bread during the service, such as “I’m Katie, and this is cornbread from my West Virginia days.”
Upcoming Adult/Youth Classes: click here for the full webpage
Sundays, Nov. 30 and Dec. 7 – Tapes on Buddhism
- Sunday, Nov. 30 Catholicism, part II, with Jean Nuttall, 12:30 -2 p.m.Room#4, Thoreau.
- Sunday, Dec. 7 Mormonism presented by Linda Thornton and Laura Murray, a 1 session class from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Thoreau Room.
- Sunday, Dec. 14 Humanism facilitated by Dave Leonard, a 1 session class from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Thoreau Room.
Your School of the Spirit Staff:
- Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ari Flauta, Early Childhood Teacher, email@example.com
- Rachel Stevenson, SpiritJam Teacher and Religious Education Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Newman, SpiritJam Teacher, email@example.com
- Katie Covey, Director of the School of the Spirit, firstname.lastname@example.org