Explore the theme of Vision with U.U. ClueJam and SoundJam; come and check out the “Rainbow Peepholes*” which are intriguing everyone!
9 and 11 a.m. Kindergarten and up (adults invited too!):
SoundJam: with Katie, SpiritJam Director. Mindful awareness of sounds helps us be deep listeners. Under the tree on the Nature Playground, weather permitting. Wear your coat or bring a blanket, as needed.
U.U. ClueJam: Rachel, SpiritJam leader, is inventing a U.U. Clue game. What is the answer?
I SpyJam: Miss Ari will lead interested folks and the Preschoolers in a session of “I Spy” at 11 a.m.
9 and 11 a.m. Preschool/Nursery- “I Spy” with Miss Ari. Fifth graders and older are invited to be a helper at either 9 or 11 a.m. Sign up online.
9 – 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 12 Adult discussion group: “Jack Kornfield Tapes on Buddhist Psychology” led by Judy Feland, in the Thoreau Room.
ALL WEEKEND! 8/9th Grade Coming of Age Retreat with Guides Laura Murray, Linda Spencer, Michael Newman and Emily Conger. Thanks to the Hook Extended Family for loaning us their condo in Vail.
7/8th Grade Our Whole Lives (O.W.L.) – 8:45 -10:15 a.m. with Luis Uribe and Heather Munro.
Playground Monitors: Caroline and King Medlin, 10 – 11 a.m. There are still openings. Sign up online or on the bulletin board. Thanks!
Read more about our unique experimental SpiritJam model at www.spiritjam.info Join us as we co-create this experimental program with paid lead teachers and monthly themes!
*The Rainbow Peepholes (aka diffraction grating) turn white light into rainbow light. Harry Albert noticed that looking at the Chalice flame through the lens creates vivid colors!
Pumpkin Glow, Sunday, Oct. 26, 5-7 p.m. Finger Food Potluck and BYO Pumpkin, carving tools and candle. Carve your pumpkin then sing songs by the glow of all of the pumpkins. Tip: Bring your pumpkin pre-scooped if possible, saves time. Brought to you by the Family Activities Group.
Name Tag Station: Want a nametag and a lanyard to decorate with beads? Register online then pick it up at BVUUF on Sundays and choose a shoelace lanyard at the Name Tag Station.
Upcoming Adult Classes:
Sundays, Oct. 12 and on – Tapes on Buddhism
Tuesdays, Oct. 14 and on: Rise Up Women’s Spirituality
Rise Up and Call Her Name, Part 1, A Woman-honoring Journey into Global Earth-based Spiritualities
- An Invitation to all women and girls 13 years of age and older
- 6 Tuesdays: October 14- November 18th
- 6:30-8:30 pm at UUCB, 5001 Pennsylvania, Boulder
- $10 for materials (sliding scale)
- Led by Debbie Davies (UUCB) and Kelly LoGiudice (BVUUF)
- Sign up by October 12th by contacting Debbie Davies, email@example.com or 303-666-8635
Sunday Classes on World Religions
- Sunday, Oct. 26 Judaism presented by Lisa Ogle This is a 1 session exploration of the Hebrew faith to be held on from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. in the Thoreau Room.
- Sunday, Nov. 2 and 16 Catholicism with Jean Nuttal facilitating a 2 session class Sunday Nov 2 and 16 at 12:30-2:30 p.m. in the Thoreau Room.
- Sunday, Nov. 9 Buddhism presented by Ani Liggett in a 1 session class at 12:30 p.m. in the Thoreau Room.
- Sunday, Nov. 23 Christianity facilitated by Jean Cannella, a 1 session class at 9-10:30 a.m. in the Thoreau Room.
- Sunday, Dec. 7 Mormonism presented by Linda Thornton and Laura Murray, a 1 session class from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Thoreau Room.
- Sunday, Dec. 14 Humanism facilitated by Dave Leonard, a 1 session class from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Thoreau Room.The A-RE committee is still discussing the possibility of presenting other religions such as Islam and Hinduism.
This is the first time we are having classes in this manner; it should be an adventure. No formal fee is being requested for participation in these classes. Jean Cannella for the A-RE and Life Long Learning firstname.lastname@example.org
Your School of the Spirit Staff:
- Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator, email@example.com
- Ari Flauta, Early Childhood Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Stevenson, SpiritJam Teacher and Religious Education Assistant, email@example.com
- Michael Newman, SpiritJam Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Covey, Director of the School of the Spirit, email@example.com