For the theme of Blessing: MaypoleJam and LogoJam, Be a Coming of Age Guide next year, S’Mores and Singing!
9 and 11 a.m. K-up:
- MayPoleJam – Miss Ari and Rachel have been working on finishing the Peace Pole with 4 different languages on it. We will wrap ribbon in a MayPole Dance, weather permitting.
- LogoJam – We’ve got the basics of a Logo for SpiritJam. Come make some Spirograph art for it.
- Operation Child Refugee – making bookmarks and letters of support for the BVUUF project.
- Nursery/Preschool – Miss Ari and the young kids will be joining in Maypole fun.
School of the Spirit for Adults (and youth!):
Saturday, April 30 – U.U. Passover Seder for Families, 5-8pm, Where: UUCB, 5001 Pennsylvania Ave, Boulder, CO 80303, Come celebrate with song, ritual and feasting at a joint celebration between Boulder Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship and Unitarian Universalist Church of Boulder. We are looking for people to help with traditional food, set up and clean up. If you are interested please contact Kelly LoGiudice at email@example.com at BVUUF .
Sunday, May 1 – Welcome Back the 7/8th Coming of Agers from their Solo Vigil Retreat, 12:30 p.m. – 1 p.m. under the Playground Tree or Sanctuary, if weather is uncooperative. Former COAers, and members of the congregation are invited to this ceremony with Ruth Rinehart, interim minister.
Saturday, May 7 – S’Mores and Singing, 5 – 7:30 p.m. Yes. A real campfire! We provide marshmallows and fire. Bring S’More fixings or a picnic. All ages welcome! Sing or Play along with the group or just come to chat and relax. Contact Rachel Setzke, firstname.lastname@example.org. Guitarists and Musicians: Bring a folding chair. Bring your guitar, mandolin, ukulele, fiddle, or kazoo. Or just come to sing and hang out! I will have song packets to share & we will have some copies of “Rise Up Singing” to use. This event is cross posted with the Acoustic Music Community. Bring a snack to share if you want. Hope you can make it! – The Song Circle is for guitar players, singers or both! All abilities are welcome, including beginners! We’ll play some old songs and learn some new songs. Park in the South Parking Lot and enter through the Gate. Remember to bring: – Guitar or other folk instrument – Capo – 10 copies of a song if you want to share Bring a music stand if you have one. Please be on time. We’ll start at 5pm and go until 7 pm or so. Questions? Email Bob email@example.com or call/text 303-817-6755
8/9th Coming of Age guides next year! A few positions are open on the team for the Coming of Age program. Shared leadership with UU Church of Boulder. Twice a month meetings shared by the team, plus 2 retreats, Opening and Closing Ceremony. See Katie or Rachel Stevenson, Youth Coordinator.
Outside! Be sure to dress for the weather, as the SpiritJam kids will be going outside from now on.
Member Martin Ogle presents “Geo-Sapian – Relinking our community of Lafayette through connection to place” Sister Carmen Center, Sat. April 30, 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Tickets $20 – $38. More information at Geo-Sapian.
Upcoming in SpiritJam:
- May 8 – Blessing – FlowerJam and HandJam
- May 15 – Blessing – Youth Sunday, 9 a.m. Coming of Age, 11 a.m. Senior High Bridging Ceremony,
- May 22 – ONE SERVICE, 10 a.m. only – Katie’s Last Sunday
- May 29 – ONE SERVICE, 10 a.m. only – Memorial Day Sunday fun games with Spenser
Your School of the Spirit Staff:
- Rachel Stevenson, Youth Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ari Flauta, Early Childhood Teacher, email@example.com
- Spenser Raymond, SpiritJam Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Setzke, Day Camp Director, email@example.com
- Katie Covey, Director of the School of the Spirit for a little while yet, firstname.lastname@example.org