For the theme of Ancestry: Cards for Elders, Planting bulbs, trowels needed.
9 and 11 a.m. Planting Bulbs and ServiceJams for K and up. – Plant the bulbs then wait. All winter long the daffodil bulbs will lie underground until early Spring when we need their color the most. We will be making cards for the holidays to give to the elderly living in poverty.
Preschoolers – with Miss Ari.
- Help Miss Ari in the preschool (for those who like the littlest ones)
- 7/8th Grades OWL (Our Whole Lives) Sexuality Class 10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – with leaders Luis Uribe, Kelly Waugh, Cindy Beeler, Gordon Weir, and Rachel.
- 8/9th Coming of Age (COA) – 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. with leaders Scott and Laura McCollom, Camille Hook, Baldy Ranson and Rachel.
- Youth and Parents: Read all the news in “The Ship; UU Youth Newsletter”
School of the Spirit for Adults (and youth!):
- NEW! Ethics for Unitarian Universalists Series, 1st/3rd Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m. with Ruth Rinehart
- NEW! Building Relationships; The One Thing You Can’t Afford to Skip, Thurs. Nov. 12, 7-9 p.m.
- NEW! Raising Race Conscious Children, Sunday Nov. 22, 12:15 p.m. with Childcare.
- Thoughtful Endings; End-of-Life Planning Series
- Book Discussion Group – the New Jim Crow
- Mindfulness Group – every Sunday at 8:45 a.m.! Parents are welcome, as the children may join in the SpiritJam program, simultaneous to meditation.
Check out our Pinterest Page on Ancestry.
Nov. 15 – The evolution of the “coywolf” with dog, wolf and coyote ancestors. What animal can you design? plus “All My Relations” Tree. Who is your chosen family?
Nov. 22 – Bread Service for All Ages – Bring a bread from your cultural heritage, set a table, hear stories, sing songs, as we celebrate the arrival of Thanksgiving! Sign up here to bring a bread.
Nov. 29 – “Holiday Bomb” the SpiritJam halls with December decorations!
Your School of the Spirit Staff:
- Rachel Stevenson, Youth Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ari Flauta, Early Childhood Teacher, email@example.com
- Spenser Raymond, SpiritJam Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Covey, Director of the School of the Spirit, email@example.com