For the theme of Desire: FireJam outside on the Nature Playground! 2016 “We ARE Nature” Day Camp Registration open, 5th Grade OWL registration open.
9 and 11 a.m. K-up:
- FireJam – on the Nature Playground. “Every moment the flame is growing. But will you be the fire. This time, will you be ember? Will you be catalyst and combustion? Will you claim the torch?” From our theme packet “Desire.” We will burn the Enso Zen Circles, and cook marshmallows, carrots, tomatoes and potatoes. The congregation is invited to share after the services. (Yes, there will also be S’More makings!) Guest Fire Marshall – Jonathan Thornton at 11 a.m. We welcome other adult helpers.
- Nursery/Preschool – Miss Ari, early childhood teacher
School of the Spirit for Adults (and youth!):
- Mindfulness Group – every Sunday at 8:45 a.m.!
- Feb. 21, Gwen Murphy shares a compassion meditation from Tara Brach, “RAIN of Compassion.”Buddhists have hundreds of meditations on the Bramiviharas, or the four virtues. Compassion is one of these, and has been described as “the quivering of the heart” in sympathy with the suffering of others or oneself, i.e., empathy for suffering. Join mindfulness group this Sunday to experience a powerful meditation from Tara Brach, recorded at her 2016 New Year’s retreat, that emphasizes nurturance of self compassion.
- Feb 28 – At 9 a.m., Judy Feland leads Chi Kung Standing Meditation using a Ken Cohen tape. At 10 a.m., Spencer Raymond, BVUUF School of the Spirit leader and Naropa Masters student in Buddhist Studies, will lead a round table to share personal experiences with Meditation.
2016 We ARE Nature Summer Day Camp for K-6th Graders, June 6-10, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. with before and after care available. Click here for more information and Registration. Senior High Counselors (9-12th grades in fall, 2016) and Counselors-in-Training (7th and 8th Graders, Fall, 2016) apply for camp employment.
5th Grade OWL (Our Whole Lives) Human Sexuality Class
- When: Mandatory Parent/5th Grader Orientation, Sunday, March 27, 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Classes start Sunday April 3 and end Sunday, May 22, 9 a.m. – 10:10 a.m.
- Online OWL Calendar
Where:What: 5th Grade “Our Whole LIves (O.W.L.) Human Sexuality Class For more info, visit the BVUUF OWL page.Who:Leaders: Our trained leaders are HollyAnne Joyner Griffin, Scott McCollom, Deborah Mensch, Jamie Parker, Kelly LoGuidice and Ruth Rinehart.
- Upcoming in SpiritJam:
- Feb 28 – Wabi sabi mugs and life collages. Wabi Sabi means “cherished for imperfections and age.”
Cracked, chipped mugs and other well loved wabi sabi items (Feb. 28)
Old magazines for collages (Feb. 28)
Your School of the Spirit Staff:
- Rachel Stevenson, Youth Coordinator, email@example.com
- Ari Flauta, Early Childhood Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spenser Raymond, SpiritJam Teacher, email@example.com
- Rachel Setzke, Day Camp Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Covey, Director of the School of the Spirit, email@example.com