Kindergarten – 5th grades: ” Pete Seeger, U.U.” Children will attend the first part of the service in the sanctuary with their families. Service leaders Dr. Banjo, Pete Wernick and Ellen Lavurdure have a special “For All Ages” planned. Then join Katie and Rachel for continuing activities celebrating Pete Seeger and folkmusic.
Preschool/Nursery- loving care with our staffers, Alyssa and Emily.
Youth 6th grade and older are invited to help with the younger children or attend the service.
Sunday, Aug.24-Blessing of the Animals, 10 a.m.
Water Slide at the Water Service, Sunday, Sept.7, 9 or 11 a.m.!
As part of celebrating the element of water, we will have a 25′ WATER SLIDE on the front lawn. Children and Youth will be invited to enjoy it during part of the services, and then ALL AGES may play after each service. Rev. Lydia has vowed to slide, will you? Come dressed in old clothes, or a bathing suit!
Sunday, August 31, 10 a.m. on Labor Day Weekend, there will be informal activities for the last of our Summer Sundays.
September’s theme is Unity. So far, we have brainstormed
- ArtJam of “Enso/Zen Circles” ink painting,
- StoryJam and TinkerJam of “Bundle of Sticks” with storyteller Wynn Montgomery,
- BodyJam called “The Human Machine” and “Knots”
- MusicJam with drumming (one rhythm!)
- and a ServiceJam of helping with EmergencyPreparedness Kits.
Want to join in the fun? Have an idea to explore “Unity?” Contact Katie, see below.
School of the Spirit Staff:
- Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Stevenson, SpiritJam Teacher and Religious Education Assistant, email@example.com
- Michael Newman, SpiritJam Teacher
- Katie Covey, Director of Religious Education, firstname.lastname@example.org