The Board held its regular monthly meeting on January 21, 2021. After lighting the chalice and listening to a reflection, Board members continued their discussion of Widening the Circle of Concern, a report by the UUA Commission on Institutional Change. This month’s focus was on living our values in the world. The Board then approved the following:
- The Consent Agenda, which included the 2020-12-17 Board meeting minutes, 2020-12-29 Special Board meeting minutes, December Building Budget Report, Minister’s Housing Allowance Documentation, and the January Congregational Health Dashboard.
- The Treasurer’s Report for January 2021.
- A 2021-2022 Pledge Drive goal of $489,740, a 5% increase over the pledges received during last year’s pledge drive.
- A proposal from the Denominational Affairs Committee to:
- Provide funding for up to 15 members who identify as young adults, Black people, Indigenous people, people of color, disabled people, LGBTQIA, people of limited financial means, and youth to attend and/or serve as delegates to the Pacific Western Region’s 2021 Assembly on February 13th.
- Provide funding for up to 6 additional non-BIPOC and adult members to serve as delegates to the same Assembly.
- Pay $80 per supported member, for a maximum of $1,680.00.
- Make these payments from the Legacy Fund.
The Board also discussed these items:
- A financial report showing that 6 months into our fiscal year, the Fellowship’s financial situation generally looks good.
- Possible ways to meet maintenance needs of our expanded building, such as regular maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of security cameras, doorbells, temperature controls, and other systems. Three possibilities were discussed: 1) Hiring a part-time facilities person, 2) Establishing an in-house facilities team of volunteers from the congregation, and 3) Developing maintenance contracts with expert outside vendors for some systems. The Board will gather more information and have additional discussions before making any decisions.
- Rev. Lydia’s Sabbatical, which will begin in March. Rev. Lydia presented a Sabbatical coverage plan and draft budget for the sabbatical.
- Talking with potential candidates for next year’s Board. A Secretary and two trustees are needed..
For further information about any of these items, please contact Gloria Pearlstein, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next regular Board meeting will be held February 18, 2021, 6:30-9:00 PM, via Zoom.