The Board held two meetings this month, its regular meeting on December 17, and a special meeting on December 29. At these meetings, the Board:
- Continued its discussion of Widening the Circle of Concern, a report by the UUA Commission on Institutional Change. This month’s focus was on hospitality for and relationships with BIPOC members and visitors.
- Conferred the status of honorary member on Jim Colwell. Jim has been a member of the Fellowship since 1989 and has served in numerous volunteer and leadership capacities.
- Approved funding of up to $15,000 over 18 months to support the hiring of Jen Simon as the racial justice minister for the newly formed Front Range UU BIPOC group, The Mountain Top. Monies will come from the Stoner Fund, which supports outreach efforts.
- Elected to send gift cards and thank you letters to staff in appreciation for their hard work this year. All staff have had to rethink their work activities since March because of COVID-19.
- Approved a revised policy developed by the Finance Committee for tracking and accounting of disbursements from the Minister’s Discretionary Fund.
- Discussed the process for identifying potential candidates for next year’s Board and brainstormed possible nominees for the three positions that need to be filled: Secretary and two Trustees.
For more information about any of these actions, please contact Gloria Pearlstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Next regular Board meeting will be held January 21, 2021, 6:30-9:00 PM, via Zoom. All members are welcome to attend.