The BVUUF Board of Officers and Trustees took a number of actions at its May 21 meeting related to budgeting, preparation for the Annual Meeting on June 6, and other business. Specifically, the Board:
- Approved the proposed Fiscal Year 2020/2021 Budget and the slate of nominees for 2020/2021 elected positions. BVUUF members will vote on both items at the June 6 Annual Meeting.
- Accepted a budget accounting change needed because we have begun drawing on our long-term bank loan to pay for building construction, rather than using the Future Building Fund. The change adds a new fixed asset line item, “Building – Financed,” that will track the use of the long-term construction/mortgage loan.
- Authorized payment of $5,000 to support LUUP activities in 2020/2021. This support will come from the Stoner Fund, a special fund set up for outreach activities.
- Established a Green Sanctuary Task Force to coordinate the Fellowship’s application for UUA Green Sanctuary Certification. The Task Force, which will report to the Social Justice Council, consists of Sheri Price, Chair, and members Nancy Clarke, Meri Gibb, Chris Rathweg, and Don Price.
- Appointed five delegates to the virtual UUA General Assembly to be held June 24-28 and agreed to pay their $150 registration fees. Delegates are Scott Youmans, Kelly LoGuidice, Paul Gibb, Meri Gibb, and Kathy Partridge.
- Approved an exception to the BVUUF bylaws so that the three youth, all age 18, who completed the Fellowship’s “Bridging” program on May 10, 2020, can be invited to become members of BVUUF without completing the required Path to Membership program. The board also waived the requirement that these youth must be members for at least 30 days prior to the date of the 2020 annual meeting in order to vote at the meeting.
The Board also held two special meetings in May to discuss changing Small Business Administration guidance related to the Paycheck Protection Act loan that the Fellowship received in April. During these discussions, Board members agreed that the Fellowship meets requirements for the program, will use the funds immediately to pay staff salaries, and will apply for loan forgiveness in line with program requirements.
For additional information about any of these items, please contact email@example.com.
The Board’s next regular meeting will be held June 18, 6:00-8:30 PM.