Explore the theme of Compassion with a Knitting and CrochetJam, DirtJam and OrigamiJam. We will be making scarves for the mitten tree, folding Paper Cranes and planting daffodil bulbs! Bring a canned food offering.
9 and 11 a.m. Kindergarten and up (adults invited too!):
CircleJam (the Opening): “May I Be Peaceful” and other songs for compassion with Miss Ari and her guitar, plus our Sharing Circle. All month: bring a canned food offering.
DirtJam: Plant daffodil bulbs for next spring!
Knitting and CrochetJam: BVUUF knitters and crocheters will help learners make a scarf or hat to donate to the mitten tree. BYO tools and yarn or use ours.(donations of yarn, loaners of needles and hooks welcome!)
OrigamiJam: Origami artist Lucas Davis will teach paper crane folding. We will use the cranes for December decorating for “Peace.” We will have easier projects available, too.
9 and 11 a.m. Preschool/Nursery- with Miss Ari, Early Childhood Music Specialist and Teacher. Fifth graders and older are invited to be a helper at either 9 or 11 a.m. Sign up online.
7/8th Grade Our Whole Lives (O.W.L.) – 8:45 -10:15 a.m. with Luis Uribe and Scott McCollom.
9 – 10:30 a.m. Adult/Youth Discussion Group: Jack Kornfield Tapes on Buddhist Psychology facilitated by Judy Feland. #4 Thoreau Room. Children welcome to attend SpiritJam and then play on the playground. Drop In’s Welcome!
12:30 – 2:30 p.m. Adult/Youth World Religions Series: Buddhism with Ari Liggett. Drop In’s Welcome! #4 Thoreau Room.
Playground Monitors: Needed, 10 – 11 a.m. Sign up online or on the bulletin board.
Read more about our unique experimental SpiritJam model at www.spiritjam.info Join us as we co-create this experimental program with paid lead teachers and monthly themes!
Book Cart for Children has received lots of great new books. Come and see! Books $1 or what it is worth to you. Benefit of the School of the Spirit Fund, providing scholarships and supporting SpiritJam.
Jr/Sr High OWL (Our Whole Lives) Leader Training, Denver, Dec. 5-7th. BVUUF covers your tuition! Read more and contact Katie if you are interested in this life-changing mission of our UU faith.
Bring Bread Sunday, Nov. 23. Celebrate our diverse cultural heritages during the Thanksgiving Multi-age Service.
Bring your bread to the service of your choice on November 23 and keep it with you until after we “set the table” as part of the service. You are invited to say something about your bread during the service, such as “I’m Katie, and this is cornbread from my West Virginia days.”
Bread may be home made or store made. Sign up ONLINE or in the BVUUF foyer. Thanks for sharing!
Name Tag Station: Want a nametag and a lanyard to decorate with beads? Register online then pick it up at BVUUF on Sundays and choose a shoelace lanyard at the Name Tag Station.
Upcoming Adult/Youth Classes:
Sundays, Nov. 9 and on – Tapes on Buddhism
- Sunday, Nov. 16 Catholicism, part I. with Jean Nuttall, 12:30 – 2 p.m. Room #4, Thoreau.
- Sunday, Nov. 23 Christianity facilitated by Jean Cannella, a 1 session class at 9-10:30 a.m. Room #4, Thoreau.
- Sunday, Nov. 30 Catholicism, part II, with Jean Nuttall, 12:30 -2 p.m.Room#4, Thoreau.
- Sunday, Dec. 7 Mormonism presented by Linda Thornton and Laura Murray, a 1 session class from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Thoreau Room.
- Sunday, Dec. 14 Humanism facilitated by Dave Leonard, a 1 session class from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Thoreau Room.
Your School of the Spirit Staff:
- Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ari Flauta, Early Childhood Teacher, email@example.com
- Rachel Stevenson, SpiritJam Teacher and Religious Education Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Newman, SpiritJam Teacher, email@example.com
- Katie Covey, Director of the School of the Spirit, firstname.lastname@example.org