On February 21, your Board held its regular (and only) monthly meeting at Frasier Meadows, which will be our new home until we can return to Ceres Drive. At that meeting, we:
- Approved a policy delegating to CoSM spending authority over restricted funds that have been designated for program–the F.C. Abbott Fund (School of the Spirit), the Brinkman-Pasquer Music Fund (Worship and the Arts), the Katie Covey Scholarship Fund (School of the Spirit), and the Gilbert Fund (to be decided by CoSM and stakeholders)
- Approved using funds from the Sabbatical Reserve to pay Rev. Penny Rather to provide support and supervision for Intern AJ van Tyne during Reverend Lydia’s sabbatical.
- Reconsidered last month’s “straw vote” and agreed that it was not necessary to “freeze” use of Stoner Fund monies until construction is finished, but agreed that any request for use of these funds will receive extremely close scrutiny
- Approved the minutes of the January 17 and 31 Board meetings and accepted Treasurer’s Reports for January and December (revised) and the January Building Project Finance Report
- Discussed lessons learned during contract negotiations and how to better use the RACI process in the future
- Considered ways to improve and streamline Board meetings by building on the process observation techniques that AJ has begun
- Received an update on applications for the Director of Religious Education position.