Explore the theme of Peace with ONE SERVICE, 10 a.m. and an informal hour of Sharing Circle, then De-decoratingJam. De-decorating means taking down the Christmas decor, reminiscing about holiday family events, and reflecting on what the New Year will bring.
Needed for January (Evil as theme):
- Glue Guns and glue gun helpers needed for our upcoming Harry Potter Wand MakingJam on Jan.11.
- Bullying Resources needed for January’s theme of “Evil.” Books, speakers, skits, etc.
- Snake to visit? Do you have a friendly snake who could visit?
- Co-facilitators for the book or play – “Wicked” – about the grayness of evil as an adult class.
Sunday, Jan 4, 2015 Mini Retreat: Spiritual Adventures (instead of Sunday Services). We are trying a grand experiment on Sunday, 1/4 — instead of our regular worship service, we are going to have a New Year’s Mini-Retreat “Spiritual Adventures” with
- a labyrinth and Tibetan bells in the sanctuary,
- a winter walk to Waneka Lake,
- life collage
- zen doodling
The idea is to start at 9 am, as we always do, have most of the ‘retreat’ sessions be 1/2 hour —giving two 1/2 sessions from 9 — 10 am, then a bountiful coffee hour between 10 — 11 with the Drifter Band playing gospel Bluegrass, then another 2 sessions for the “11 am service”. You may pick one service or stay for more, your choice. This mini-retreat will be for all ages, plus childcare for nursery/preschoolers.
Your School of the Spirit Staff:
- Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator, email@example.com
- Ari Flauta, Early Childhood Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Stevenson, SpiritJam Teacher and Religious Education Assistant, email@example.com
- Michael Newman, SpiritJam Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Covey, Director of the School of the Spirit, email@example.com