Sunday, Jan 4, 2015 Mini Retreat: Spiritual Adventures (instead of Sunday Services and SpiritJam). We are trying a grand experiment on Sunday, 1/4 — instead of our regular worship service, we are going to have a New Year’s Mini-Retreat “Spiritual Adventures” with 6 options. Some are 50 minutes, some are 25 minutes. Offerings are open to all ages with the Preschool/Nursery and Playground open as well:
- a labyrinth in the sanctuary, along with reflections by Rev. Lydia. Brenda Campbell from Old Tibet/Potala Imports in Boulder will play her Tibetan Singing Bowls as a meditative backdrop. Brenda joined us for Dharma Camp and inspired us! Stay for 25 minutes or 50 minutes, your choice.
- a winter walk to Waneka Lake (50 minutes) with Judy Feland.
- yoga (25 or 50 minutes) with Heather Munro, Yogini and member of BVUUF
- life collage (50 minutes) with certified SoulCollage facilitator, Christiane Olivo – using quotes and inspirational words, plus images and techniques she will teach you, create a picture of your intentions for the new year
- zen doodling (25 or 50 minutes) with Emily Conger, Seminarian and Youth Coordinator
- Winter nature playground (25 minutes) – if you or your children need to move, take a turn on the Nature Playground. The SpiritJam Staff will supervise.
- Preschool/Nursery with Miss Ari is open for the littlest ones. She will be offering Yoga for toddlers.
The idea is to start at 9 am, as we always do, have most of the ‘retreat’ sessions be 1/2 hour —giving two 1/2 sessions from 9 — 10 am, then a bountiful coffee hour between 10 — 11 with the Drifter Band playing gospel Bluegrass, then another 2 sessions for the “11 am service”. You may pick one service or stay for more, your choice. (Life Collage and Winter Walk each take 50 minutes; The Zen Doodling, Yoga, and Labyrinth/Tibetian Bells will be offered in 25 minute rotations. Participants may stay for 50 minutes or rotate after 25 minutes) This mini-retreat will be for all ages, plus childcare for nursery/preschoolers and the playground.
For example, a family could come from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and:
1. Attend the Winter Walk from 9 – 10 a.m.
2. Eat yummies and enjoy the Bluegrass Band from 10 – 11 a.m.
2. Separate for Zen Doodling and Yoga, then your children go play in the Playground and you sit in the sanctuary and listen to the Tibetan Bells and walk the Labyrinth.
A family could come from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. and…
1. Eat Yummies and listen to the Bluegrass Band from 10 – 11 a.m.
3. Enjoy the Tibetan Bells and Labyrinth for half the time, then try Yoga for half the time.
There are 6 choices to explore, plus childcare in the Preschool/Nursery and the Playground. Come and try the ones which call to you!
Questions? Contact Katie Covey, Director of the School of the Spirit at email@example.com
Your School of the Spirit Staff:
- Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ari Flauta, Early Childhood Teacher, email@example.com
- Rachel Stevenson, SpiritJam Teacher and Religious Education Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Newman, SpiritJam Teacher, email@example.com
- Katie Covey, Director of the School of the Spirit, firstname.lastname@example.org