The June 18, 2020 Board meeting was the last regular meeting of the 2019/2020 Fellowship year. Both current and incoming Board members attended. Board members for 2020/2021 are Nancy DiLaura, President; Scott Youmans, Vice President; Doug Schmidt, Treasurer; Gloria Pearlstein, Secretary; and Trustees Jim Highsmith, Janet Meyer, and Hiram Wolgemuth. A special meeting was also held on June 29 to address two issues before the fiscal year ended.
The current Board unanimously approved five proposals at its June 18 meeting. The Board:
- Approved the Leadership Development Committee’s nomination of Hiram Wolgemuth for a 1-year Board Trustee position for 2020/2021.
- Agreed to send a letter to the former President of the Board of PRISM/Stoner Home, Inc. to report how we have used donated funds received from the sale of the Stoner Home.
- Agreed to offer no-interest, long-term loans funded out of the Legacy Fund to salaried BVUUF employees to offset an upcoming change in the schedule of salary payments.
- Authorized payment of $170,000 to Milo Construction for retainage (a percentage of invoice amounts to be paid only after all construction work is essentially completed.)
- Approved a policy exception to allow unspent Lifespan Faith Formation budget dollars to be used to pay for UUA General Assembly Registrations for RE Staff up to $450.
At the special meeting on June 29, the Board approved:
- A Social Justice Council proposal to make Black Lives Matter signs available to BVUUF members in return for a suggested donation.
- A policy exception to allow approximately $1,700 unspent from the Lifespan Faith Formation budget to roll over into the School of the Spirit fund so the monies will be available for use in the 2020/2021 fiscal year. The funds could not be used because the pandemic prevented many planned activities from being held.
For additional information about any of these items, please contact Gloria Pearlstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next regular meeting will be held July 23, 6:00-8:30 PM, via Zoom.