Explore the theme of Evil with Jams on Wand Making (a la Harry Potter) and AngerJam. SpiritJam is multi-age – adults, youth and children are welcome!
9 and 11 a.m. CircleJam (opening) Sharing Circle Ritual and our theme songs for the monthly theme of Evil. Rachel and Miss Ari will be singing the “Hanging Tree” from the Hunger Games, and will be introducing 2 other songs –
I know this rose will open. I know my fear will burn away. I know my soul will unfurl its wings. I know this rose will open.
I am here.
I am here. I am strong. I am human. When you’re here I can feel less afraid. I can sing I can dance I can learn to love again. I can learn to accept myself as I am made.
Wand MakingJam: The Ferrante-Roseberry family with Sheri Price and Rachel Stevenson will offer a Harry Potter Wand MakingJam!
AngerJam: Have you sat with your anger lately? Read the book Anh’s Anger by Gail Silver and practice sitting meditation with Michael Newman.
9 and 11 a.m. Preschool/Nursery- with Miss Ari, Early Childhood Music Specialist and Teacher. She will be making simple popsicle stick wands with the little ones.
7/8th Grade Our Whole Lives (O.W.L.) – with Luis Uribe and Scott McCollom. (8:45 – 10:15 a.m.)
8/9th Grade Coming of Age – God Beliefs, part 2 with Lydia and Michael. (12:30 – 2 p.m.)
Adult Classes: (Drop In’s Welcome!) Read more on the Adult Webpage
- Sat., Jan 10 – Guitar Circle with Bob Warden. noon – 2 p.m.
- Sun. Jan. 11 – Spanish Conversation with Letitia Abajo, 10 a.m.. #4 Thoreau Rm.
- Sun., Jan.11 – Evil Theme Series #1 – The Theme of Revenge and Horror in the Writings of Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes) with author and member Derrick Belanger.
- 10 a.m. Book Signing at Unity Plaza (proceeds benefit the School of the Spirit)
- 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Book Chat in #4 Thoreau Rm.
- Sun., Jan. 11 New to UU Gathering. 12:30 p.m. Dias.
Playground Monitors: Caroline Medlin, 10 – 11 a.m. Sign up online or on the bulletin board. Weather permitting, but the children love to go outside!
Read more about our unique experimental SpiritJam model at www.spiritjam.info Join us as we co-create this experimental program with paid lead teachers and monthly themes!
Check out the Youth Ministry Newsletter by Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator for 7th – 12th graders.
Your School of the Spirit Staff:
- Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator, email@example.com
- Ari Flauta, Early Childhood Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Stevenson, SpiritJam Teacher and Religious Education Assistant, email@example.com
- Michael Newman, SpiritJam Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Covey, Director of the School of the Spirit, email@example.com