Explore the theme of Compassion with an informal, Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend Sunday. Kindergarten and up will start in the CircleJam, then participate in GameJam and HolidayJam.
9 and 11 a.m. CircleJam (opening) Share Joys and Concerns in the Sharing Circle with Michael and Miss Ari.
HolidayJam: Our after-Thanksgiving tradition, started by Jamil Scott, former RE Assistant, we deck the halls for the Winter Holidays!
GameJam: We break out the Apples to Apples, UNO, and other favorite games to play together.
9 and 11 a.m. Preschool/Nursery- with Miss Ari, Early Childhood Music Specialist and Teacher.
7/8th Grade Our Whole Lives (O.W.L.) – OFF.
9 – 10:30 a.m. Adult Class: Buddhism Tapes, facilitated by Judy Feland. #4 Thoreau Rm. Drop In’s Welcome!
12:30 – 2 p.m. Adult World Religions Series: Catholicism, part II facilitated by Jean Nuttall. #4 Thoreau Room. Drop In’s Welcome!
Playground Monitors: Needed for December, 10 – 11 a.m. Sign up online or on the bulletin board. Weather permitting, but the children love to go outside!
Read more about our unique experimental SpiritJam model at www.spiritjam.info Join us as we co-create this experimental program with paid lead teachers and monthly themes!
Upcoming Adult Classes: click here for more information.
- Sat., Dec. 6 – Fellowship Retreat with David Chernikoff and Rev. Lydia Ferrante-Roseberry. 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sun., Dec. 7 – Tapes on Buddhism 9 – 10:30 a.m. with Judy Feland. #4 Thoreau Rm.
- Sun., Dec. 7 World Religions Series: Mormonism presented by Linda Thornton and Laura Murray, 12:30-2 p.m. #4 Thoreau Room.
- Sun., Dec. 14 – Spanish Conversation with Letitia Abajo, 10 a.m.. #4 Thoreau Rm.
- Sun., Dec. 14 – Chat with the Minister, 12:30 p.m. Dias
- Sun., Dec. 14 Humanism facilitated by Dave Leonard, a 1 session class from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Thoreau Room.
Christmas Eve, Dec. 24: We will be offering Child Dedications at these services, as requested. See Katie if you would like your infant or older child(ren) dedicated in UU tradition. Children up to 8th grade are invited into the dedication ceremony, after which we invite them to the “Coming of Age” program.
- 3 and 5 p.m. Family – Oriented Services featuring the “No Rehearsal Christmas Eve Pageant,” Carols, and Candlelighting.
- 8 p.m. Carols and Candlelight
Your School of the Spirit Staff:
- Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator, email@example.com
- Ari Flauta, Early Childhood Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Stevenson, SpiritJam Teacher and Religious Education Assistant, email@example.com
- Michael Newman, SpiritJam Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Covey, Director of the School of the Spirit, email@example.com