We have learned (from some of you, our members, as well as from knowledgeable fundraisers) that many of you may no longer carry a checkbook, and that sometimes you find yourself without the cash you would like to drop in the plate on a Sunday morning. The news this month is that if you carry a smart phone, we have a solution to your dilemma – you can now make a contribution to the Fellowship with a quick text message!
Simply send a text from your smart phone to 720-571-8897 with the amount you would like to contribute. Within a few minutes, you’ll be sent a text with a link to register. Click on the link and enter your registration information (name, address, phone number, email address and credit or debit card information). Once your registration is complete, you will receive a text verification and a receipt via email.
For future giving, simply send a text with the amount you wish to give, and it will process automatically!
I’ve included more detail below or you may check out our Donate by Text page on the BVUUF web site for even more information.
First Time Use
The first time you use our Donate by Text functionality, you’ll have to create an account. Here are the steps:
- Send a Text to 720-571-8897 with the amount of your donation as the message: e.g. 20 or $20, 20.00, or $20.00. Note that the minimum donation via texting is $5.
- You’ll receive a reply with a link beginning with www.eservicepayments.com
- Click on the link and your phone’s web browser will open with a secure form asking you for your information, including the debit or credit card you’d like to use for this and future donations. Fill out and submit the form.
- You’ll receive a confirmation of your donation.
- Send a Text to 720-571-8897 with the amount of your donation: e.g. 20.
- Receive a confirmation that your donation has been received.
Where Does My Donation Go?
By default, your donation goes toward the most recent Sunday’s half-plate collection. If you would prefer that your donation not go to the half-plate, then you can designate other funds to send it to.
- General Fund: Add general to your text: e.g. 25 general
- Building Fund: Add building to your text: e.g. 10 building
- Half-plate Collection: Don’t add anything to your text, only the amount: e.g. $15
If you have more questions that are not answered here or on our web page, Scott Youmans or I will be available after each service on Sunday February 18 and Sunday February 25 to answer questions or you may contact me via email at email@example.com.
Thank you for all the many ways in which you support our BVUUF community!