Explore the theme of Trust in the School of the Spirit: with a MassageJam with Kelly LoGuidice and our Take Apart Party (rescheduled from Feb. 22)!
CircleJam (Opening)- we gather for songs and a Sharing Circle.
Kelly LoGuidice shares her skills and training to teach some hand and neck massages which help relieve stress in all ages.
9 and 11 a.m. “Take Apart Party” – we dissect used electronics, old adding machines, etc. with the help of tinkerers Joe Parker, Rich Evertz, and others (join us!) Plus we have a vintage typewriter loaned to us by the Kneale family. Not to take apart, but to use!
9 and 11 a.m. Preschool/Nursery- with Miss Ari, Early Childhood Music Specialist and Teacher.
7/8th OWL class, 8:45 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
Adult Classes, on or near Sunday, Mar. 15: (Drop In’s Welcome!)
- New! Parent Circles Sundays, 9 and 11 a.m. once a month, drop ins welcome!
- Trust: Balancing safety and freedom. 9 a.m. meets in Thoreau Room; 11 a.m. meets in Barnum Room. Led by Katie Covey and Clara Kelley.
- Visit the “one-stop-shopping” Adult Webpage for upcoming offerings and more information about these and other classes.
Playground Monitors: Needed, 11 a.m. Sign up online or on the bulletin board. Weather permitting, but the children love to go outside!
Read more about our unique experimental SpiritJam model at www.spiritjam.info Join us as we co-create this experimental program with paid lead teachers and monthly themes!
Registration is OPEN for the 2015 Peace and Justice Summer Day Camp with PeaceJam and Project YES. June 1-5th. K-5th graders. For our 9th annual camp, we go GLOBAL through our collaboration with PeaceJam and Project YES.
Activities: Peace in Pop Culture, Karate, Camp Zoo, Story Tree, Chapels with Rev. Lydia each morning, Fire Circle, Peace Project and a Friday afternoon Nobel Peace Prize Award Ceremony!
Sun. Mar. 22 – “The Boy Who Cried Wolf” Skit. Parents invited afterwards to the performance. (Losing trust)
Sun. Mar. 29 – Nature Jam – Scavenger Hunt for signs of hope for Spring. (We trust that Winter will eventually lose its grip!)
Fifth Grade OWL – April/May (7 sessions); let Katie know if you are interested. Parent Orientation is Sunday, Mar. 15, 4 – 6 p.m. at UU Church of Boulder, 5001 Pennsylvania Ave, Boulder, CO 80303.
Upcoming Parent Circles:
- April 12 – Redemption: Making mistakes; not being perfect.
- May 3 – Calling: The call to nurture, what is a parent’s role?
Meet 9 a.m. Thoreau Rm; 11 a.m. Barnum Rm. – your choice! Children are welcome to attend the Preschool/Nursery or SpiritJam.
Reflection, Sharing and Support
Guided by the monthly theme with tangents as desired.
Specifically for parents, and other important adults in a family.
Facilitated by Katie Covey, Director, School of the Spirit and Clara Kelley.
Check out the Youth Ministry Newsletter by Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator for 7th – 12th graders.
Your School of the Spirit Staff:
- Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator, email@example.com
- Ari Flauta, Early Childhood Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Setzke, 2015 Peace and Justice Camp Director, email@example.com
- Rachel Stevenson, SpiritJam Teacher and Religious Education Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Newman, SpiritJam Teacher, email@example.com
- Katie Covey, Director of the School of the Spirit, firstname.lastname@example.org