Explore the theme of Trust in the School of the Spirit: with a NatureJam. We need a rabbit and flowers for Easter.
CircleJam (Opening)- we gather for songs and a Sharing Circle. Did you know Miss Ari and her father wrote one of our songs about “Trust?”
We trust that winter will be over sometime soon! Join Michael and Emily on a Scavenger Hunt for signs of Spring.
9 and 11 a.m. Preschool/Nursery- with Shannon and Emily, subs for Miss Ari.
Adult Classes and Retreats
- Visit the “one-stop-shopping” Adult Webpage for upcoming offerings and more information.
- New! Saturday Retreat with David Chernikoff, Saturday, April 18, 8:30 – 4:30.
- New! “The Gaia Paradigm” with Martin Ogle, Sun. April 19, 1-2:30 p.m. and Sat. Apr. 25, 10 a.m. – noon.
Playground Monitors: Needed, 11 a.m. Sign up online or on the bulletin board. Weather permitting, but the children love to go outside!
Read more about our unique experimental SpiritJam model at www.spiritjam.info Join us as we co-create this experimental program with paid lead teachers and monthly themes!
Bunny (real!) needed for Easter Sunday, April 5. Let Katie know.
Spring Flowers needed for Easter Sunday, April 5. Let Katie know. Potted or cut tulips, daffodils, etc.
Children’s Names – I will include your child’s name in the Easter Word Search Insert for the Order of Service if you will be attending and would like them to be included. Send them to email@example.com by 9 a.m. Wednesday, April 1.
Registration is OPEN for the 2015 Peace and Justice Summer Day Camp with PeaceJam and Project YES. June 1-5th. K-5th graders. For our 9th annual camp, we go GLOBAL through our collaboration with PeaceJam and Project YES.
Activities: Peace in Pop Culture, Karate, Camp Zoo, Story Tree, Chapels with Rev. Lydia each morning, Fire Circle, Peace Project and a Friday afternoon Nobel Peace Prize Award Ceremony!
Sun. Apr. 4 – Easter Sunday. Children, Kindergarten and up, to the sanctuary. Can Hunt on the Front Lawn after the service. Bring cans to donate to BCAP, now through Easter Sunday. Nursery/Preschool will be open.
Sun. Apr. 11 – TasteFest and PlagueJam – we celebrate Passover tastes of horseradish, matza and haroset (apple chutney).
Sun. Apr. 18 – “Making It Better” Trading Cards and a LaminatorJam. Michael and Rachel have invented a game with homemade trading cards to collect and trade.
Upcoming Parent Circles:
- Sun., April 12 – Redemption: Making mistakes; not being perfect.
- Sun., May 3 – Calling: The call to nurture, what is a parent’s role?
Meet 9 a.m. Thoreau Rm; 11 a.m. Barnum Rm. – your choice! Children are welcome to attend the Preschool/Nursery or SpiritJam. Reflection, Sharing and Support. Guided by the monthly theme with tangents as desired. Specifically for parents, and other important adults in a family. Facilitated by Katie Covey, Director, School of the Spirit and Clara Kelley.
Check out the Youth Ministry Newsletter by Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator for 7th – 12th graders.
Your School of the Spirit Staff:
- Emily Conger, Youth Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ari Flauta, Early Childhood Teacher, email@example.com
- Rachel Setzke, 2015 Peace and Justice Camp Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Stevenson, SpiritJam Teacher and Religious Education Assistant, email@example.com
- Michael Newman, SpiritJam Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Covey, Director of the School of the Spirit, email@example.com